Reviews for Being A Creative Mute
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This is one of the best writer's block poems I've read. Amazing. I loved how you described it so poetically. I loved the detail and how relatable you made this piece.
Brilliant!
SammyCrawfish chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
I love you, you have expressed writers block to the T. :)
BookcraZzaY chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
It makes writters block seem Fantastic! I just love how all those words are creatively descriptive and they glamourise it fanstanically
Perfect creation ;)
DarkInkyDreamer chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This perfectly captures the feeling of writers block. This is definitely one of my favorite of your pieces, truly great once again. :)

xx
skersey chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This is a very relatable subject for many people. However, I feel like this piece is missing a lot of poetic flow. To me it reads more like prose than a poem. The language is used effectively, but I think it'd help to vary the line length (roughly, they all look about the same size) and also try experimenting with enjambment and end-stopping some more. Because the line breaks seem to be judged by what is strictly a grammatical sentence rather than playing with both grammatical and poetic sentences, I think that's why this strikes me as a more prose piece (enjambing and end-stopping can also help with that) Something a teacher told me that really put writing into perspective, specifically poetry, is that when a person is creating a piece, every word, punctuation mark, spelling, etc is a deliberate action. And each deliberate action contributes to a certain effect and makes the reader interact with the text. Language-wise, you really evoke the many emotions of being stuck in writer's block. Adding the extra writer's flair, really playing and manipulating all the nuances adds extra layers and flavors. I hope this makes sense, I can kind of ramble when giving suggestions. Keep writing!
Gitone chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
What a wonderful poem! The last line was especially my favourite. :)
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This is just... phenomenal. An absolutely fantastic description of writer's block, although it seems that the words have not evaded you in this piece. One word: amazing :D