Reviews for Never Let Me Go
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 2/19
Really good one shot! Even though it was very long, I didn't find myself getting bored with it. I love how you went clear through their relationship. Plus, I liked the fact that this was told from a guy's point of view. Great work!
Bluepanda800 chapter 1 . 1/5
omd! I want a sequel (i know it totally doesn't need one but juliet's side of the story would be lovely)
Sapphire Faith chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
This is beautifully written. I wish I could write like this. I do think that this story could have been split up into two parts, but it's all right.

I have a couple of tips, but I don't think these mistakes necessarily detract from the story. I think instead of writing "Hey, Kevin, our little Brit (my accent was a subject of ridicule)," you should write "Hey, Kevin, our little Brit-" my accent was a subject of ridicule- "doesn't want..." I think extra information is just better outside of quotation marks if it isn't supposed be part of the quote. Periods and commas should go within quotation marks, though.

Also, when you have an apostrophe next to quotation marks, it's probably best to put a space between them to distinguish them from each other. I think it just looks better.

Even though I pointed out some mistakes, I really do think this is a great story. I love your characters, especially Juliet. She's developed really well, even though her character's kind of shrouded in mystery. This story is very good.
GlitterInTheDark chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Wow. This story really hit home for me. Reading about Juliet I could really relate to her character even with what little we know about her. I was that girl who gave no fucks about anyone, has had a whacked out fashion sense throughout the years and who never let people in and a bit of a loner. I guess you can say even now in my late 20's I'm still that girl. By the end when we learned of her abuse I was bawling my eyes out. Sadly, I could relate to that too. You wrote the characters realistically and I'd seriously take one day out of a year with someone I trust wholeheartedly to concur my fears with than be surrounded by hundreds of "friends" on a daily basis and not a single one you can really be yourself with and open up to. Let me just trade in all these people for one Kirk and I'd be the happiest person alive.
Great job x
Kate chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
I love this!
The concept is the perfect length - it makes you wonder how they went on from there, but it's also perfect like this, because it's an open ending.

I really hope you find the inspiration you need for another story. I've stayed up until my eyes turned red to finish reading your books.
Well done!
Ella chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I cried. I admit it.
You're such a good writer... your writing ability amazes me!
SheJustReads chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I felt it. Damn. :(
Fallen Midnight Angel chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Oh my gosh, I was browsing A Drop of Romeo and I decided to check out your story...one of the best decisions I've made on this site! It's an amazing story, I didn't expect anything! This is such an original plot, I've never seen anything like it. I especially love how every year Juliet changes, it's so real. Unlike a lot of stories, where characters have the same personality over a long time, both Kirk and Juliet become different people, and that's great! Wonderful story!
lollipop addict chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
It was long for a one shot-but it wasn't boring and every word belonged. Left me with a warm feeling in my stomach and a smile on my lips (that sounds wrong in some way). Keep doin watcha doin!
hollywood920 chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
That was beautiful and made me smile. I loved the characters and at first I was wondering why you didn't really involve the other characters as much, but then I realized that this is all about Kirk and Juliet and that it should be all about them. I liked how you made Kirk the narrator of the story because Juliet is a bit of an enigma and it would've taken away from her development and her mystery. It was beautifully written and I loved your attention to detail. Keep writing!
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Holy shit that was amazing. I'm sort of speechless at the moment, so I apologize for this wholly inadequate review.
But holy shit man, that was great.
Holy shit.
AMessofPickles chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Fabulous story :) Completely loved it.
marta.ador chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Hi! This story has been added to ADoR under the One Shot section. :)

Here's your review:

What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name Juliet? That's the question posed to you in the first line of "Never Let Me Go". The answer used to be simple - easy: Juliet from Shakespeare's play. But after reading this piece, I have an inkling that this one shot might come to mind as well.

The story has such incredible depth. The plot line instantly draws you in - because it's just so original and well thought of. It also helped to reflect what sort of person Juliet was (actions do speak louder than words). It was also interesting to read the one-shot from a male point of view and Leanah.C managed to do it in such a way that it almost seemed effortless. I think the only thing that caught me out was the mix of past and present tense, but I don't think there was really any other way to write the piece.

To quote the person who suggested this one-shot (in slightly altered words): "The themes of abuse and human fragility can't be missed in this story. But,more than that, the conclusion that love can conquer such weaknesses, makes it such a beautiful and inspiring read." I really, honestly and truly couldn't have said it better myself.
dee chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Well, it's different. But I like Of Duke and Peasant better,
Clawstrike590 chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Wow. Your surprise me everytime you write. This is an amazing piece of work! Wow. I'm awestruck. Wow. Amazing.

Your awestruck reader,