Reviews for How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster
Shuriken16 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Well now, this seems very interesting (I'm already hooked because it's a first person type of story which I love to read and write for that matter :) )

Kinds reminds me of some type of horror/supernatural anime, with the monsters taking the form of humans. I can't wait to see the history of the mysterious obake. And if I get impatient enough, I might crack and buy the eBook ;)
Sir Scott chapter 4 . 1/6/2013
It's a pretty good update and it would be cool to see it in an actual book to put on my shelf. It takes a little getting use to the age of the characters, I usually think of monster hunters as being older.

SirScott
Paige Terner chapter 4 . 1/6/2013
Honestly, this seems like it could morph into something huge. Awesome, as usual
Sir Scott chapter 3 . 12/20/2012
I didn't really see any mistakes in this chapter, but again I have a bad habit of correcting mistakes in my head and don't pay too much attention to them. Hello Kitty, is kinda creepy. I mean the cat's head is huge. Could you imagine a cat walking around with a huge head and an itty bitty body? See you around.

SirScott
addadeleteaccountoptionidiots chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
I distantly remember reading 'Daisuke'. It was a pretty memorable read for me because I liked the main character and his characteristic greed for attention and popularity. I'm actually looking forward to this rewrite more, and I would've gotten the ebook if I could've. Dollars are impossible over where I live.
Sir Scott chapter 2 . 12/18/2012
Ah, yes it is a good start. Of course, it is hard to pass judgement on a story before it is finished, so I'll follow it and let you know what I think.
diannewinter chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I love it! I love your style of writing! Every now and again I wished I'd come across someone with that kind of energy and edginess and here you are, my girl. Okay, now let's say what I really like and what I dislike. Let's do the likes first: "I tore my eyes away from my approaching death and back to Akito" I loved this way of putting it, very good. I like the flow, the dynamic of your telling. Also good balance between showing and telling and some striking constructions which are the true mark of a good writer. Dislikes: be aware of unintended repeated words, see: "abnormally silent... all was silent".
This is not necessarily a dislike, I'd start the story with less characters, it can get confusing if a reader goes through it on the run, say in a bus/train/tram/subway. Other than this, I'm intrigued, I'll read further.
DevilishET chapter 2 . 12/5/2012
I like it, can't wait for chapter 3! :D
HolyGuava chapter 2 . 12/4/2012
This is great please write more stuff.
HolyGuava chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Wow I like it... are you going to explain how he got in that situation in the first place? I think you threw too many names out there for the first chapter. Is the fox monster a kitsune? Can't wait for more content!
Krystal Watters chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
over joyed - one word
"mattered and caked in red" - for one: "matted" and for another, it's redundant. Choose one or the other.
"like throwing rocks at baby animals, or being an asshole" - I'm sure "being an asshole probably isn't enough to deserve this. Might I suggest stronger wording? Sadistic asshole?
"Creek went the aged Tatami mats" - seems out of place for this style of writing.

"You may be wondering why we were all so terrified and currently bleeding because of this pretty young woman, and the answer may be incomprehensible but simple." - It breaks the flow of the narrative, and it's not really necessary. I think it should just be removed and then change the next line to "This beautiful young woman was a fox monster" or whatever floats your boat.

Whoa! Twist-central! I did not see it as THAT blade for sure...

And a long-ago flashback? Interesting. I like it.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2