Reviews for The time of the Orc
Hoplite39 chapter 5 . 6/2
These elves really are fanatical. Quite ironic that the Orc begs to die and the elf refuses.

A bit disconcerting to see Gazza attack his own people. I hope he regains his sanity. But I doubt it.
Hoplite39 chapter 4 . 6/2
The story has a modern feel to it. I could just imagine the orcs being US marines fighting a deadly enemy.

It actually works quite well. Because I see the orcs just as soldiers fighting in a brutal war where neither side gives quarter.

Despite all the atrocities committed by the orcs, I do ask myself if the elves are any different. They would surely slaughter the orcs in the same way if the were in the same position.
Hoplite39 chapter 3 . 6/2
Th question of Orc torture is always a sticky question. In LotR we hear a lot about Orc 'sport' with prisoners, but we are not sure what it entails. Is it really that bad?

Anyway, I assume orcs may approach torture as humans do. Some enjoy it, while other scorn it.

You did well reasoning why the protagonist doesn't like torture, while still giving him the brutality expected of an Orc.
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 6/1
Good and interesting first chapter. Jumps right into the action and creates the impression of a desperate struggle without quarter.

Also has a good balance between showing the orcs as ruthless, and simply fighting for their people.
SirScott chapter 5 . 10/17/2013
Pretty good story so far. I like how Gazza is beginning to change his philosophy.
SirScott chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
Pretty good introduction. I loved the last two lines of this chapter. An interesting idea to tell a fantasy story from the point of view of orcs.
The 3rd Trumpeteer chapter 4 . 11/29/2012
Oh no...lots and lots of blood and fighting xD good story, altogether.
The 3rd Trumpeteer chapter 3 . 11/25/2012
Still as good as ever :) Like I told you before, I love Elves, but this is just such a great story!
The 3rd Trumpeteer chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
As much as I like elves, I have to admit that this is really good! Lots of detail, especially describing the characters and setting. Keep it up!
Jack Nightingale chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I really don't know what to say! This was absolutely fantastic, and I really, really enjoyed the way you wrote the novel so far. I'm a fan of Fantasy books like this, with Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins and Elves...
Although, admittedly, I much prefer to use Elves as characters, so all the killing of Elves was a fair shock... Nothing to be offended by! For some reason, I think I was an Elf in a past life...
Anyway, I must say again how much I loved this story!
Hope there's more to come!