Reviews for Destiny's Chosen
Book girl fan chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
He's only thirteen? He's in a whole heap of trouble, only thirteen, and has some impressive fighting skills. What is the deal with this kid?
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Soo, I'm a little hesitant about reading an unfinished story last updates November 2012, but I do like your fanfiction, so I'm giving it a go. So far, this is one mysterious dude. We don't even know his name yet! For that matter, he doesn't even know his name!
TeganL74 chapter 2 . 11/30/2012
Sooooo, how were you expecting it to turn out? In my mind, that was bl**dy excellent! You really captured the woozy, blurry feeling of a person swimming in and out of consciousness, the pulsing pain of their many injuries and the utter panic of not knowing - each time consciousness sharpened - who he is, what happened to him or how he got there. But you also dropped a clue. Whoever he is, he is trained in hand-to-hand combat (the way he managed to get out of his rescuer's grasp and turn it around so he was incapacitated). And who is the enigmatic 'Agra'? I really like this slow feeding of clues to add fuel to a mystery :O)
TeganL74 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
No, you're not weird to ask me to look at this at all; I am honoured that you value my opinion! You definitely have a unique style. Even away from the Merlin universe, I would recognise this as yours. And it is one I greatly admire. You give such wonderful attention to detail, making the reader feel what the protagonist feels. I was there, tumbling down the slope with your character; feeling their panic at their pending doom as well as that of not knowing how they got there and (I'm guessing, since they don't have any memories to hang onto during their last moments of life) who they are. I found myself wincing at every bump and break they experienced and I was scared for them.

And at the same time as I get all the lovely, juicy details, there is a sense of 'just enough'. There is just the right amount of description to not get too bogged down; to convey enough information without an overload. Yet it does not move too fast either (as it would have done if there was not enough detail).

Most important of all, you have snagged my interest, so I WANT to know more - what happens next and who this unfortunate stranger is. Yes, you should definitely continue :O)