Reviews for Time of Dying
professional griefer chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I didn't care for the fact that you have the lyrics in the middle of the story, it broke everything up a bit too much and didn't seem necesary. I thought you could have put them up front and the story wouldn't have suffered. (I do love the song though, so I'm not complaining too much:))
As a result of having the lyrics in the middle, I feel like it was hard to get attatched to the characters, and it was just too short to leave a major impact. I don't feel all that bad for the old lady.
I did like the fact that in such a short time, you set up their relationship and made it kind of sweet within a few paragraphs.
Overall I think you did a good job, but I would make a few edits.
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
I'm crying so hard right now! This was so amazing and sad!
Jackson Farrow chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
All the while I was reading this I was taken back to a song by Bryan Adams he did for the Robin Hood movie, "Everything I do I Do For You."

This is what you're story reminds me of, the true love some of us are lucky to find, the stand by you no matter what. It's all here in you're little piece. Was it sad? Of course it was, but it was also uplifting to know that there is love in the world such as this couple has. And you did it all by showing only one person's POV, that's not easy to do, great work Vicky, as I have come to expect. :)
Brianarae0408 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
That was one of the best short stories I have ever read. I love the song and the story you wrote based on it is both original and interesting. Very good! Keep writing please.
Felrain chapter 1 . 11/16/2012