Reviews for Depression
Guest chapter 18 . 1/15
I'm so glad that you've found a sort of peace. I wouldn't wish on anyone what you went through. Life might get hard again, but there will always be at least one person who really does care. You just have to find them. And, from the sounds of this, it seems like you have. I wish you all the best! Good luck!
Concerned chapter 17 . 10/26/2013
I'm sorry, but you are not depressed. You have no reason to be. Getting rejected over Facebook by people you barely know does not give you reason to complain. You're being extremely immature and, as a person with several clinically depressed friends, I think that this is extremely defensive.
Think about it.
JC
AspiringWriter101 chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Oh, I know how you feel like. Minus the depression part. Fanfiction does make you feel happy-temporarily-but then there's the cruel fate of reality. But, don't continue being stuck on the internet, bottling your emotions up. If you want advice, you should ask friends and family, rather than just us random people on line. XD Please, feel happy soon. :)
hello chapter 16 . 7/28/2013
Hello.

Yes, it definitely sounds like you have depression. I have dysthymia, also know as Chronic depression. This basically means I have a mild depression that has gone on longer than 2 years. Actually it has gone on 8 years and counting.

But this isn't about me.

I'm not going to say I understand, because I don't know exactly what you feel. Honestly, our personality types are completely different it seems. But I do want to help you.

I'm also not going to say that I know more than you on the this subject just because I've had depression for 8 years. I'm sure the pain your feeling is very real, and very difficult to deal with.

Honestly I can't give you very much advice. I'm also in a bad spot in my own life, but I do want to say that you should never give up. Please don't forget that there are people who love you.

I'm sure you aware of these things, but from my previous experiences, when your having an episode it can be hard to think logically.

So far I've found the best method for making a depressive episode go away, is to talk with a person you truly love or like. I'm not talking romantically, strictly speaking (though if that works go ahead. I've never actually had any crushes or romantic experiences to speak of...). Just someone you like talking to.

I'm sorry if this information is unhelpful or you've already know this.

My method won't get rid of your depression. But i hope it helps, even if just a little. It hasn't gotten rid of mine that's for sure, but when I'm suicidal it helps going to someone.

Please don't be to hard on yourself. I know this can be hard, loving yourself is something that I find admirable in people. How someone can be so strong amazes me.

I've heard this speech from so many times, I want you to hear it too. Or if you've already heard it, you should hear it again. It is always good.

THE SPEECH:

"It's okay to feel like someone has a better life than you. It's okay to feel anger. It's okay. This depression isn't your fault. Depression is an illness. You can't simply will it away. I know it can be hard to see sometimes but you are you. You are perfect as a human can be."

Now this might not apply to you as much as it applies to me. I'm a person who feels bad about allowing anger or emotions that aren't pretty. I'm constantly guilty about the bad things I do. But if this does apply to you, please listen to it.

I'm going to stop now, because I feel like I'm rambling. All I can say now is good luck.
How A Revolution Dies chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Yes, it does sound like you're depressed. You should definitely talk to an adult about this. Ideally, I'd tell you to discuss it with your parents, but if you don't think they'd listen, talk to another adult you trust like a teacher, counsellor, or a relative. If you think you need help, I'm sure you can get it. So yeah. that's what I think you should do. You don't have to listen to me because I'm some random person on the internet. Also, I like your story. :)
F.A.M.E chapter 10 . 3/30/2013
I'm turning 14 on Chris Brown's birthday, and as of then, it will be 6 months since I've cut. - I still have my scars, even.

The thing is that depression isn't permanent; it's not like autism that stays with you your whole life, although in a way it will, in ways you won't believe. Depression is a black hole of torture that sucks you in, and if you struggle to get out, you get hurt. I told my friends about my depression and habit (actually, they sort of found out the latter. -), and my best friend told a guidance counselor for me. I went to a psychologist for one visit ONLY because the school required it. And now I'm trying to involve myself with extracurricular activities and get away from my awesome Internet friends. .

I have an older friend whom I met on an addictive anime fantasy MMORPG who was having parent-family-schooland-friend issues. She had depression (I think) and cut herself, wrote a depressing novelette, and composed the most heartbreaking songs ever.

I prescribed the both of us to the Butterfly Project.

She was diagnosed a couple of months ago with mild Asperger's, and recently, she's become bulimic. But I know I've changed her (she has a boyfriend!), and I changed too. I have 5,000 emails and the title of Dr. Philosophy for proof.

What I'm trying to say is that some things can't be changed. But it's up to you to adapt (real corny ).

Anyway, I'm sorry for my Dr. Phil episode, and I'll be making an account to PM you.

Be strong, "Steph." 3
Bad Wolf's Sandshoes chapter 10 . 3/22/2013
I know that what you're going through must be very difficult: just remember that it could always be worse. Your friend who cuts herself? I have that problem too. Try to be there for her, because if she's anything like the people I know who have that habit then all she wants is somebody to listen to her. Try to make her smile. Ask her if she wants to hang out some time. And, Steve, if you ever need help feel free to drop me a PM. I'm no therapist, but I might have some suggestions from my own past experiences. As for Seth, if you really find him creepy then don't convince yourself that you have a crush on him. It won't be worth it. And Craig? Be his friend. Because eventually, he might realize that, "Hey, Steve's pretty great!" Just hang in there. I know that it seems like you're very depressed right now, but I promise you that it will get better. It's not going to go away without a lot of work. Just try to focus on the positive and everything'll turn out fine! Good luck, I know you'll get through.
elizavian chapter 10 . 3/21/2013
You're not bi-polar. Just making that clear! You're just overly stressed with limited ways to vent. Out bursts of anger is normal. I'm short-tempered and I was misdiagnosed with bi-polar because of it. But, you know yourself best. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Regarding your friend that cuts, try not to pry information out of her. It seems like you both need a person who can really listen to your words and anguish. I think if you make a move to talk to her about something you both share in common, that could be a mutual conversation to let both of you gradually open up to each other.
Also, keep in mind that if her cutting gets worse (deeper, longer, more frequent wounds) tell an adult you trust. She most likely will not seek help on her own. (Cutting is self-medicating in a negative way. Not a good long-term remedy!)
I'm quite knowledgeable on this subject, so if you want, message with any concerns...I'll listen if you want...
Santanna chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
I know how you feel. Except I am suicidal. I think I took the same test as you because it had all the same results. I got a 79. I didnt even think it was possible for it to go that high but apparently. Anyway if music affects you like it affects me try listening to something that doesnt have too many lyrics or slow rythms.
natzxox chapter 7 . 12/27/2012
What a weird dream! I really hope basketball gets better. I have a question, though. If you didn't want to play, why did you try out? Lol. Silly girl. But, hopefully things get better!
natzxox chapter 6 . 12/27/2012
Dang girl! You have a lot going on in your life. :c Have you ever thought of meditating? Oh, and aren't internet people the best? Just be careful!
natzxox chapter 5 . 12/27/2012
My parents are the same way. I dated a black guy, and they all but nailed me to a cross. I know it sucks, but sometimes you have to do you, and ignore them. Anyways, I'm glad you're feeling better.
natzxox chapter 4 . 12/27/2012
Dang, I'm sorry about making basketball. (Weird thing to say, right?) Maybe you just have a really big crush on Kyle? I'm sorry your mom didn't notice you crying. That's pretty suckish. :c I love all three of those songs, but I can understand why they depress you. Once again, if you ever need to talk, I'm always here. c:
natzxox chapter 3 . 12/27/2012
I love Semi-Charmed life! Wake me up, not so much. Too repetitive and poppy for me. Plus, I can't stand Chris Brown. I am glad you have your leggo people. LOL at trying not to make basketball. I can't stand basketball, either. Most boring sport, ever. Anyways, hope all is well!
natzxox chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Hm, it sounds like your brother is lazy. I see your point about him doing his own work. You shouldn't feel guilty, dear. It is HIS essay. You have your own things to deal with. I'm concerned as to why your parents haven't noticed your depression. Maybe you should talk to them about your feelings?