Reviews for Rain and Fall
Aletiah chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I love this! Especially the ending, "I was talking to the umbrella". Haha. Sweet and sad at the same time. I feel sorry for Christopher, being so insecure, but I love that they got together again :)
heyitsstupidme chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
I really loved that, because you just introduced the readers to the characters and their relationship very well in just a one-shot and I liked the idea very much. I hope more people will read this, because it is an amazing one-shot. Thank you for publishing it. :)
Honunjama chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
This is lovely. Sort of sadly happy.

Love these lines, they made me take notice, and I love that in a story.

'"Why didn't you?" The question went on two words longer than I intended.'

'It scalded me as I uttered it, deep inside.'

Suki
goudacheese chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I really like this :) It's super cute and it's...very appropriate, what with the weather/season/whatever right now. The mood was perfect while I was reading this! I love how you kept the string of water/rain/etc going throughout the whole story, and it was all just so...real, and natural, and. we got to know the characters, especially Christopher, even though it's so short, and I love that. yeah. I dunno. This probably isn't a helpful/great review at all, but I just thought I should tell you that I really really enjoyed this read :)
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
The way you start, with the rain and all the water, I love it. I love every bit of water in this story. You described it so realistically, I felt drowned while reading. And every further water/rain reference made me smile. I love this kind of writing, with an object that ties everything together. This was so well done.
It's adorable how the main character keeps on interrupting himself when his thoughts go astray. He's cute and sweet. The boyfriend is very cute too. I'd expected a bit more of a fight but it doesn't matter, he saw through his boyfriend's insecurity and that's all that counts.
I like that the story could've ended on a bad note also. The beginning is open, it can go either way. Of course, you chose the happy way:)
I like that we get to know Christopher's name at the end.
The last line is perfect, as usual. Urgh this was such a cute read, I'm happy now. Loveyou Palindrome!
JHeartbreak chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Aw, so sweet!

Once again you take personal psychodrama and turn it into... regular drama. I see Jamie as being like that boy from the last story, or like one of the boys from "Sentimentality" - which would be hard to say - in the sense of representing human contact and intimacy itself.

I think, as a story, it's much better than previous ones. The sense of reality is here, a sense of being weighted in a particular place and particular people. It's nice. The weather effects with their visual, aural, and general sensual component are a kind of metaphor, but they strike us as too vivid to be 'just' a metaphor.

This is also one of the most optimistic you've written, too - I think it follows from the hesitant optimism of the last one. That makes me happy. And - maybe this is nonsense - but I think it's related to your ability to render the environment more powerfully too. Alienated feelings produce alienated environments...

PS sorry about the milk
S.H. Marr chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Seriously, why you do write such cute things? I barely know these guys' names and I adore them.

Yeah, guess I'm not much help right now. I really, really liked it and it was adorable. That is all.