Reviews for It Feels Like So Long Ago
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I'm not going to lie, this poem gave me goosebumps. The cold imagery and the emotion are so strong that I wonder if they haven't given me frostbite. I think, no wait I know, that every single word is dripping with so much tension, sadness and coldness that it's beautiful and relatable, I think this piece is perfection. I liked how the beginning seemed nostalgic, almost like the speaker was reminiscent of a memory they are latching on so tight that it because blurred compared to the ever sharp and cold present. This is such a brillint piece that it oozes perfection. To sum up, Perfection.
True Talker chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I like sharing laughter especially when it is shared. I have felt many emotions on here and all of them are REAL.
tolerate chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I really, really like this. I can relate to it perfectly well and there was this imagery in my head. For such simple words, it dealt quite an impact to my emotions because the way you phrased them was just right. Excellent wordplay, I'd say. Your pauses are unique, and it makes me read it nice and slowly, probably in the way you wanted the readers to read it in. It had this conversation feel to it, all the way till the eighth line, where it starts to be something of pain. It was the pain of remembering the memories. It's like you're reminiscing the old times of you and the person. The phrase 'crisp winter air' did wonders to the imagery and atmosphere. It turned into winter, like snow was falling on me. Winter always has this sad air about it, so I'd say it's really smart of you to use it to your advantage. The eighth line, 'for your silence is cold' also implied more on the coldness, you see, and I liked it. It has this flow to it.

The line after the crisp winter air was terrific. It was something I felt, and I knew how the biting and gnawing would feel like so good job. The last four lines were good too, it's like fading away. Although, I didn't really like the last line. 'Into even deeper mystery,' and elaborately, more on the word 'mystery'. It's too well, general and cliched, so I would suggest another word to replace it.

All in all, it was a great read! Keep writing, my friend. You have so much potential.
petbuddy chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
sad but lovely x
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I loved how it told the story. The way it was told in the past and nostalgia was really brilliant and I loved the description of the cold, so realistic.
Brilliant job - as always.