Reviews for A Confession
Ashton Brooke chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I can't believe I didn't review this the first time I read it. This is what got me to start reading your stuff. I felt like I could relate to you very well because I had just finished my first, in the loosest sense of the word, relationship. It was with my best friend Lindsay. I had been thinking about her for a long time and I convinced myself that I loved her in a romantic way.

Then one day she texted me raving about Color Guard (our sport) and school and her family and how she wanted to die. I was really scared. I finally talked her out of it and she told me some of her really deep secrets. In return I decided to confess. I was so stupid though. I said "I think I like you", a fully introverted statement if I've ever heard one. She said she liked me too and I was so happy. We were awkwardly happy and close for the next two weeks.

Then on the bus back from a Color Guard competition I sensed that something was wrong and that night she texted and said she wasn't ready for a relationship. That she felt like she was waiting for someone special and that that conviction that he/she would come was the only thing keeping her from going crazy. I said I could respect that and we remain friends, albeit still awkward.

It was my reaction, or lack thereof, to that "breakup" that convinced me we weren't in love to start with. I just felt nothing. Nothing at all.

I've gotten over it since then but this is the first time I've ever told anyone about it... anyway I've returned to my former convictions about myself with a new vigor. One: I'm not getting into a relationship anytime soon. Its better to do that after highschool. And two: yeah, I'm strait.

Anyway, best of luck to you and Frida :)