Reviews for John Lennon
taylor.r.politte chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
So cute! I enjoyed the aspect of time travel, very creative. 3
Emmy chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This story is so silly and cute!
It's funny, I wrote a story a while back with a girl named Anne who goes back in time and meets the Beatles! Also, you've got a good taste in music. :J
Keep up the great work!
Brenda LeeSinger chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
This was such a cool piece! Great job!
Britt L chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
You write really well! I like how descriptive you are. Good job!
kissacazador chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Hi Maddie, I just LOVED this story as I am a huge fan of The Beatles and John Lennon! This story was very well written and I enjoyed the innocence of it. Have you ever considered Tweeting this story to his widow, Yoko Ono, or his son, Sean Lennon? I think they would enjoy it as well :)

And are you ever going to write a fan fic about your favorite tv show or movie, because I think you'd have fun with that. As a fan fic writer, we all will receive, unfairly, some nasty comments about our writing and/or us personally. The only advice I can give is to remember what writing does you...does it make you happy? I assume it does, so just blow-off the negative comments and have fun, because that's what John Lennon did!
impala67 chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Maddie you are very talented at such a young age:) great story
from Mayspn chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Great story Maddie! It was a short story that was entertaining and funny. You have perfect use of grammar, too, for an 11 year old! You wouldn't believe how many people your age still can't grasp the concept of quotation marks. Lol. I like these random stories best.
Tamago chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Hey

As a "Beatlemaniac", i wanted to tell you i actually enjoyed your story. The quality of your writing is surprising considering your age, but not only. I've read many people older than you who aren't as skillful ! :D I honestly am positively surprised and i'm looking forward to reading more of your stories and more particularly Beatles/John stories if you actually plan to write more !
One of the things i particularly appreciated is the surreal feeling you gave to the story that somehow fit the Beatles' later works which were very psychedelic and mysterious, and that somehow stuck to John's personality ! All the props to you !

You've got a new reader, sweetheart. :D
spndean chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
good writing on this i can c john in my mind opening his gift.
Sara G chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I love this! I can totally picture John doin these things.
Sandernei2 chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
I have not finished all of your stories, but by far this is my favorite!
I love the set up, that initial description and dialogue that gives us a glimpse at the band members personalities-(Gotta love Ringo as the voice of reason).
I must agree with one of your reviewers, I believe it is Mrs. Davis, that what makes this story very special is that veiled connection to Arthurian legend.
I would love to see this story further developed, perhaps, a little addition. It would be delightful to see Lennon giving his opinion on today's music :)
Overall I'm in head over heels with this little piece.
Patricia Davis chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
MaddieB uses setting (1964 London, 2012 LA) and tone (petulant to gleeful) to set up atmosphere (humid to splashy) and does so in an unprecedented, for this author, framework.

Science fiction? Fan Fiction? Neither, it is good fiction. Good fiction captures our imaginations to entertains us. If that literature secondarily teaches, the reader is a double prize-winner.

Ten year old Ann looks through an LA lake, into a London creek and pulls John Lennon out of the water. Ann is Lennon's "Lady of the Lake" and her gift to him the Excalibur (an electric Rickenbacker with F-holes and modified bars) with which he founded his kingdom of peace through music.

This is a delightful tale, told with a lightness of spirit that never devolves to "cute." It is charming, it is implausible and it is great fun.

I delight in the imagery, structure, excellent grammar and attention to detail that MaddieB regularly serves up to her readers. Again and again, she has written with conviction and clarity, with an economy of words that paints unforgettable visuals.

*Should be noted that this review is a from-memory reconstruction of the one I wrote earlier and bleeding well lost. It is shorter, and not as encompassing as the original. My apologies, Maddie.*
Patricia Davis chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Science fiction? Fan fiction? Neither. This is good fiction.

MaddieB uses setting (London, 1964 to LA, 2012) to establish tone (petulant to gleeful) and depicts atmosphere through water (humid to splashy). Readers are not gently asked to share the author's verisimilitude, but are tossed head-over-heels and willy-nilly into a cold, delicious creek. And we don't mind a bit.

Our protagonist is Ann, John Lennon's prepubescent Lady of the Lake. Her gift to him is his Excalibur, an electric Rickenbacker with F-holes and a modified bar, the guitar he used to found his kingdom of peace through music.

The story is charming; a simple tale that boasts a really, really big analogy, one so large Ed Sullivan himself could never have dreamt it. The author never allows her characters to parody themselves nor does she permit the story to take itself seriously.

People do not fall into creeks only to climb out of lakes. Water is bad for guitars and swords, alike. Ten-year-old girls never rescue rock stars from underwater, or hardly ever because this reviewer has learned that anything is possible in the worlds of fiction that MaddieB is able to present.

As an aside, I put off reading this story because, well, I am not a Beatles fan. I am not alone, there are many millions who are not. We have learned to keep this quirk of personal taste to ourselves to avoid the onslaught of biographies, LPs, polemics and demands to know just what is wrong with us that we are so thick-headed as to dismiss the band who had the greatest effect on rock'n'roll in the 20thC.

Short answer: there is nothing 'wrong' with us. Just as there is not a missed note in this story, there are no wrongs in personal preference. To every non-Beatles fan: read this and enjoy. To miss a great, little piece of fiction, for any reason, does a disservice to both author and reader alike.

ps: I do like "Norwegian Wood."
Wendy H chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Wow this isn't very good. Maybe you should take some sort of writing class- I bet that would help you. I struggled with writing also, this was a good attempt.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
After all she built a time machine! Sorry I hit the wrong button and it posted before I was done!
Anyway,it kept me guessing! Great job :-)