Reviews for Blue Moon
loving-life chapter 5 . 4/7/2014
Ahhh! So glad to see an update! I'd been checking fairly regularly for the last couple of months and then I stopped and that's when you updated! (So maybe that means I shouldn't check and you'll update?) Anyway, wahoo!

First, I like that you simultaneously reveal things in this chapter AND add some mystery. If you're constantly adding layers and layers without explaining anything, I think readers tend to get confused and lose interest (or maybe that's just me). So I really like that you've let us get little peeks into what's going on while urging us onward. (I hope that made sense.)

Second, and you'll probably hear me say this a lot, I ADORE Jared so far. I'm kind of a sucker for unrequited love (though I'm hoping it all gets resolved. Yes?). I'm glad he showed up in this chapter. Hopefully he doesn't end up being a total jerk. Frankie I'm still not sure about. I guess we'll see . . . :)

Third, some constructive criticism. (I like to get critiques on my stories but it seems like people seldom leave them, so I thought I'd offer just a few thoughts and you can let me know if you want them or if I should just shut up.) Anyway, there were just a few things, mostly minor, that I noticed:

- I'd like to hear more about why Meredith hates Frankie. It's been a while, so I was kind of skimming through the other chapters, but I can't remember anything specific about why Frankie is such a monster. I mean, so far, he's been likable, which makes it hard as a reader to see why, exactly, Meredith loathes him so much. Not like you have to give their whole backstory, but a nugget here or there might help. (And if I missed an explanation earlier, just ignore this.)

- There were a few times when you added details about what characters were wearing that I didn't think were really necessary. Like in this sentence: "I felt my skin crawl as I watched my cousin in her leather jacket and jeans and thigh-high boots disappear into the dark like she had never been there in the first place." To me, it would be much simpler and more effective just to say "I watched my cousin disappear into the dark." Otherwise, I think, as a reader, you get caught up too much in what Carrie's wearing and the impact of her disappearance lessens. Unless, of course, there is some significance to Meredith noticing what Carrie was wearing. If not, I think those types of details could be removed.

Anyway, I'm excited to find out who Devon is and why Carrie's mom was murdered. So many mysteries, so little time! And just so you know, I'm still thinking werewolves are going to be involved. :)

Good luck during the rest of your first year of college!
Slinking Fox chapter 5 . 3/29/2014
OH MY FREAKING GOD! THAT CHAPTER WAS EPIC! :D The suspense, the drama, the ROMANCE! I LOVED IT! Hope you're more settled into college and I'm glad I made you smile. I'm disappointed you won't publish it; I was hoping to give a copy to one of my friends who would love this when it's finished if you ever published it...I hope you understood that, cause honestly, I didn't. Anyway, if you ever rethink it, Amazon's always open and I'll be your first customer! :)
Slinking Fox chapter 4 . 12/12/2013
Anytime and thanks for answering my review! can't wait to read the next chapter, and really begining to dislike their gran. Subtle but very intentional cliff hanger; it takes a very good writer to be able to pull those off and you NAILED it! You should really try to get this published! Love the sound of Reese and Franklin, and can't wait to see more of them, and what Carrie was doing. Please update soon! I'm completely hooked and need a break from reality; a break that your writing provides
loving-life chapter 4 . 12/11/2013
Well . . . I'm intrigued! I definitely want to know what's going on with Carrie. I'm thinking some kind of Little Red Riding Hood/werewolf thing? Maybe? And I like love/hating the Quinns. Who doesn't like to love/hate a couple of sexy guys? :) It will be fun to see all of the relationships develop as your story progresses. Which it will, right? Many updates to come, right?

In terms of your story building slowly, I think that's fine so far. I'd prefer to have a slow-building story than one that just dumps everything on its readers in the second chapter. Plus, I think one mark of a good writer is the ability to keep his/her readers engaged in the characters/plot even if the story is building slowly. Which you're doing. So kudos to you.

And the moral of this novella is a request for you to update soon. :) The end.
Slinking Fox chapter 3 . 11/9/2013
That was an epic ending and cliffhanger! Please update soon; I'm completely hooked!
Sincerely; Slinking Fox
whatdotheydream chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
I love this. It's interesting.
alienfromx chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Nice prologue, I love how it ends with her bluntly admitting to breaking them are. Makes me curious to find out just how much she broke them.