Reviews for Give me wings
lunarchroniclesandcockatiels chapter 1 . 5/7/2016
This was really good! I loved it!
ShaDowZ3dge chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
This was amazing. Your word construction and the way you explain everything was terrific
Bastard From North chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
-stalker appears again-
Couldn't help it but say wow! It felt so real kind thing some reason O.o
Loved those symbolizing to wings a lot :) You are really creative!
Swordceror chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Hope gained against lost, bitterness and loneliness, hope justly earned, at least that's what I think this story's about.
BrandNew chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
This is really beautiful, and kind of raw. I like.
DarknessesDownfall chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Oooo I like this...I honestly thought they were going to jump off and die...sheesh I am morbid.
Mr Theory chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I hope this isn't a depression story :(!

But it's good, don't make me ever try it, cause I don't want the wind to just go 'wait no' and go off me!

Mr Theory
DarcyConroy chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Funny, I clicked on this piece first, because it was short and felt as though I was too frazzled to concentrate on anything much, but in the second parapgraph, I found my inner thoughts stilling and my mind calming itself to match the gentle rhythm of your words. It touched me.
One of my favourite poems (it's a favourite of many) is by Christopher Logue, entitled "Come to the edge" - it's a powerful reminder that sometimes we need to take a leap of faith. This piece feels like a companion piece to that, except that the person who is leaping is not pushed, but takes a leap of faith in themselves, and what they know to be true, because they created it by sheer force of will.
Beautiful.

*note: have you seen the anime Haibane Renmei? This piece reminded me of that, also, you might like it :)
LovelySocks chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
"The horizon was endless, just like my thoughts." "The force of the nature around me did not overwhelm me anymore as I had become part of it." "My whisper was lost in the sound of the wind, but I did not lose my hope. Not yet."
All these lines bubble and spark and make me feel so connected. Feels like hope, sort of.
Firewind555 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Brilliant! You flavoured the story with plenty of imagery and I just loved it.
Max Sorrell chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I read Maelstrom so it was really neat to be able to compare the two. I like the whole idea of "wings", I'm guessing that's sort of symbolic right? Either way, nice job. :)
KrissieAnaMaureen chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I feel as though you morphed into a bird. It's very well written. I like the imagery.
Stetson and Fedora 1103 chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
Very good story! Reminds me of religious experiences in a way :) I like it. Oh by the way, you have mail ;)
ChibiJinchuuriki chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I'm so happy that I inspired you to write this short story with my own :D
It's interesting to see some subtle similarities but also the different approaches that you took and the creative concept of 'growing wings'. I think it's symbolic of attaining freedom and breaking free of struggles, that very last line really sums it all up nicely.
Writing in first person allows the readers to really connect with the story :)
meowmie chapter 1 . 12/3/2012