Reviews for Way Out Yonder on the Old Western Prairie
MayaLala chapter 3 . 9/14/2013
I was very excited about this story but a chapter in I realized all your dates were wrong. These train lines weren't even made yet in those years, the gold rush was done already. Besides that, this is a well written story. Chapter 2 there were too many characters and I got lost. Perhaps breaking up of survivors into smaller groups along with some POV narrative would have helped. Some character development earlier on would be nice too in order to see who we are gonna follow. I also see you're trying for these things, I just want more.
TuSolusSanctus chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Well, well, well. You just made my night.

I'm so very excited for this project. I always look at the profiles of someone before I read their stuff, and I love what I'm seeing! Historical Fiction is my second favorite genre, behind biographies. I love that you have a family relation to the Tudor family. They're high up on my list of favorites. I'd love to talk about it some time.

Anyways, back to the review. You have a wonderful ability of drawing pictures with your words. Your metaphors and analogies flow seamlessly. There's nothing more painful to read than a forced metaphor.

I like the characters already. You've given the reader a small taste of their personalities without divulging too much and boring us.

Your summary is *perfect*. I can't find anything to correct or complain about. I'm really quite awestruck! Because of this, I'll be following this story, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.