Reviews for The Game
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Wow, this was beautiful.
I love poems that make you wonder, the ones that make you think. This is one of those.
Eleantris chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
To me this sums up how the darkness in everyone hurts people because everyone is playing a game, trying to get what they want out of life, whether they realise it or not...and I don't know quite where I'm going with this, but this was fantastic. :)
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I don't want to play the game O.o

Amazing. The imagery creeped me out but it's awesome nonetheless.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Interesting and disturbing imagery in this poem. I really like your use of figurative language, such as "Caressed by loaded gun". I haven't heard that phrase before, and it's very powerful.
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I really like the pacing because it almost shows that the speaker is in a race against time which makes it all the more brash? I've lost the word to describe, it was on the tip of my tongue as well. Oh well, I do like the imagery of speaker almost seeming like a predator, stalking and playing a 'game' with it's prey. Really great and the last line for me would have been great but I just didn't quite understand it, it's just my opinion. Again, I would have said something along the lines of: "What do you have to lose?". Just a minor tweak, in my opinion and just a suggestion, but apart from that a really great piece.
Naver chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
I got three different "games" in mind. The game of death, a race against fate/time, and A game between a killer and his prey. I love the question at the end.

Favorite lines: