Reviews for Counting the Days
lymli chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
that's life, so he died and she kept so many time waiting...
I think just waiting is too sad
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is such an interesting piece of narrative poetry. The numbers in the brackets seem to suggest that the speaker is using it to calm her/his self and the emotion that comes across is really beautiful and comes across well. I really like this piece, though I did think that the condolence note suggested that the person wasn't coming when they did right at the end - better late then never I suppose. I couldn't help thinking though that the guy/girl who arrived at the end was either a memory or a ghost as the speaker seemed reminiscent at the beginning which made me think she/he was reflecting on a past relationship. I could be wrong though. Anyway, this is a stunning poem.
Star of Life chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
That is a good poem! Makes me sad and then not sad right again! Am I reading it right?
demonicDRAMAqueen chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
For a moment there I thought the person was dead. Correct me if I'm wrong but if someone did that to me I'd kick their ass. Really enjoyed it though. XD
sapphireshadow15 chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
You seem to have strength in narrative poetry, where rhyme and flow aren't as predominant.

Like this poem and train whistle, these tell stories with slight poetic appeal.

The last line ...seemed off. But other than that, I loved this.

sapphire!
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Omg! You really had me going! Great poem! I love the meter! Don't ever do that to me again though!
RedMonocle chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
I love the little turn-around at the end! I didn't realize I was frowning (thinking the visitor was really dead) until I smiled at that. This made my day.
-Reddie