Reviews for Steele City
The Second chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Wow. This is exceedingly excellent. There are almost no errors in grammar, the action is intense, and the ending leaves me wanting more. You obviously are very adept at crafting alternate universes, and I absolutely love how well you incorporated the 20's with technology and robots. I look forward to reading all 72 chapters I have left. This was a great read. Keep it up!
JaveHarron chapter 54 . 2/5/2014
I have to say, this was fun. Evil Egyptian robots in Steele City was interesting. Pacing was alright in the chapter, and hoping to read more in the future.
JaveHarron chapter 41 . 12/5/2013
Okay, the revolution's getting hot. Seems more like the Vox from Bioshock Infinite, or maybe the Blair Mountain strike amped up by 1000, unless things change. The last bit of the chapter seemed to slow down, although it is a speech. Looking forward to the resolution here.
MissieMaroo chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
Excellent story line. I really enjoy the characterization of Deuce, and how well it contrasts with Philo's innocence. If it was me, I would add another antagonist. Some main archrival for Harriet, and Harriet only.
JaveHarron chapter 31 . 9/25/2013
A nice return to fighting crime after the previous chapters' more pulpy adventure. Shame, though, as robots and pulp adventure go together well.
JaveHarron chapter 25 . 8/5/2013
Okay, a fun chapter here, but the plot reminded me of Joe Haldeman's "Forever Peace," a military sci-fi I'm not sure you ever read. Aside from that, hoping that there will be a modern novel or some peaks at different eras. The Dubai/Bahrain stand in could have used a bit more description, some more detail of decadent opulence.
JaveHarron chapter 24 . 7/20/2013
Okay, a fun ride for Zero Deuce. The previous chapter was a non-stop thrill ride, although the final battle between both seemed a bit short. Other than that, glad I read this novel. Looking forward to more.
JaveHarron chapter 22 . 7/17/2013
Okay, this was a really fun chapter. Awesome action scene in the opening, and a good setting up for the next bit. Looking forward to see how this concludes.
JaveHarron chapter 21 . 7/11/2013
Okay, a nice fast chapter. The standoff with the cops was a nice tense scene, but the story seemed like it stalled a bit when they were in Maeve's hideout. Other than that, looking forward to seeing how it ends.
JaveHarron chapter 19 . 6/26/2013
Okay, an exciting confrontation here. I liked the crash with Prime the most, and the chase was also a nice one. I liked the pacing in the chapter, and I'm hoping to see how this concludes.
JaveHarron chapter 17 . 6/9/2013
Okay. A certain character death caught me off guard, but good pacing. Looking forward to see how this goes.
JaveHarron chapter 16 . 5/31/2013
Okay, the story's off to a good setup, with the troublesome agent being particularly obnoxious. No real comments about this chapter, save it was a good run through of Steele City's underworld. Looking forward to more.
JaveHarron chapter 15 . 5/20/2013
Off to a longer story arc or novel are we? I've been looking forward to such a project in the Steele City setting. Zero Deuce and company in the 1920s are my favorite characters for this universe, so looking forward to more to follow. This chapter had a fairly strong opening (with Ransom Steele I being particularly memorable), and I didn't notice many major grammatical things so far. Looking forward to more.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/17/2013
Yay! Steampunk! Nice story!
Jave Harron chapter 14 . 5/18/2013
Nice to see a chapter with the modern change of period for one, and touching on some very relevant themes to today. The titular character of this chapter had a rather tragic (and sadly realistic) fate given the recent wars and drone strikes. Beyond that, however, a bit of the dialogue seemed awkward, at least Serena's "worthless plutocrat ancestor" stood out in my mind. Looking forward to more of these.