Reviews for happy(dot)jpg
John Valentine chapter 1 . 4h ago
Sometimes the horrors that we create for ourselves rivals anything that's real.
RadicalRadicals777 chapter 1 . 4/4
This is a really good horror story. It left me feeling dread and creeped out. Maybe it's because I read it in the dark. That didn't help either, but seriously you're one of the best authors here. Your stories are really good.
Dorylus chapter 1 . 4/4
That was chilling and unorthodox. Irony always makes horror go down a treat.

Of course, the problem persists I can't know what happy . jpg is like. Human curiosity is a wonderful and terrible thing.
ArowaRimu chapter 1 . 3/23
Well, that was certainly quite the thrilling read, which managed to send chills down my spine and goosebumps atop of my skin. It was smart to rely on lurking terror of the unknown, the unexplained and the imagination, rather than giving the reader something objective.

Still, I did get a bit confused at the start, because of the lack of introductions the main character and perspective of the recount. It took me a while to realize it was a recount because of that. The focus on Amemiya and Amano were too strong, and the main character's was too lacking.

Just for the first four paragraphs or so, anyways.

Really well researched, though. I like how it's very similar to the tape from the Ring, but adapted for modern day. It made the curse that much more terrifying, because of how easily we can send data files to and fro nowadays. The curse could just pop up in your e-mail account, which it did for the main character.

One thing that was left lingering in my mind was wondering if the first e-mail she got was really from her friend. And if it was, was it truth? Or was it some deeply worded ploy to further intrigue the main character and further strengthen her obsession so that she would ultimately view the image in the end? That the second mail was just the final stroke of the master plan to make her succumb?

Or maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

Nice read, pretty chilling. Very good for a one-shot. I'll probably review your other one-shots or that two-shots next, before moving on to the longer stories.
HFGLF 2 chapter 1 . 2/21
This was an amazing one shot. It's haunting and descriptive and reading this whole thing leaves me feeling unsettled and chilled. I like that you used some real life motifs in this story and I love how it all ties together and leaves you with a sense that this could be a thing that could be out there. This was great.
King Corn chapter 1 . 2/14
I really loved this. It was deep and intriguing and the ending left me feelng creeped out. Awesome job!
Axis Tripper chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
A chilling one-shot that literally had the hair on my back standing on end. The note, the photo and the suicide in the beginning were dreary in the most wonderful of ways. A haunting little piece that I really enjoy!
Benidate86 chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
My hands are shaking...

Great writing. I also love reading poetry in works of fiction. Its eeries and disturbing, without pouring buckets o' bloon n' gore, and without actual demons appearing. I'm not really sure what you did, but the idea gets into the head and does it job.

...Perhaps, I should be scared of you instead :)
Dark Lord Cthulhu chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This story was freaky and just awesome! My first read here and one of the best imho.
Malarky chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This story is haunting and informative. Nothing like a great work that makes me feel like I have shivers up my back. Your attention to detail is striking and your pace and story haunting. Just beautiful.
Tropix chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This was really good. You're talented at writing horror.
Taylor Howard chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This is the best horror story I've read. It actually freaked me out, especially the end. It left me wondering if the paranormal person suffered from the stuff Amemiya did.
MotherHonker chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
that was hands down the best thing I've read. I love how creepy this is. It gave me chills.
Taylor Howard chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
I love your horror stories. They are always so freaking creepy and well-written! This one especially! Great job.
TerminalTragedy chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
This is really good. It was actually the first story I even read on Fictionpress. I'm going to read more of your stuff now.