Reviews for Denial Feels So Good
Starlite Nightfall chapter 5 . 8/20/2013
No! Why did you stop! We hadn't even gotten passed idle flirting! You must continue this story please I would absolutely adore it if you do! it is wonderfully well-written and I love your humor! Your writing style reminds me of my own and it was so great! Please update soon! You've probably forgotten all about this story, but if somehow you see this review...THINK OF THE FANS! Gonna be following this story!
BirdsThatSwim chapter 5 . 6/9/2013
Please PLEASE PUH-LEAASSEEE ! Update when you can because this is just AWESOME !

Thanks :)
littleanemonefish chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
Ahh! What kind of cruel person stops like that? Great story. I would love to read more. You've got me at the edge of my seat here.
harrynsmooth.smooth chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
This is a fantastic story, well detailed characters, believable, want to read more soon!
Happy Hippie chapter 5 . 1/3/2013
Sorry it took me so long to get to this, I'm the worst apparently. So...onto my fascinating opinions XD. The beginning of this I really like - you're great with spooky details and plot type things, it's all there and it's awesome. I just would like to see more of how these rapidly unfolding events affect the characters. I feel like all of the reactions were kind of muted and glossed over, especially those of his dad and his friend. It's this huge, life-changing revelation and everyone seems to kind of accept it at face value and roll with it which doesn't seem realistic to me. Why is nobody in denial? How is his dad so willing to just let him go off with his other family instead of fighting tooth and nail to keep the kid he raised as his son for sixteen years? Perhaps you need it to get to that point eventually for plot reasons and that's fine, but there are so many great emotions you could explore here and I don't think it would be detrimental or slow the pacing too much if you took a little time to do that. Basically I want everyone to be emo kids so I can read about their feelings :-P

- Jess -
eeli1 chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
Every new chapter pulls me deeper into the plot, I hope you don't stop this for a while dear. I'm hooked! :)
-your (imaginary) son
Happy Hippie chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
The weirdest thing happened to me tonight at work: I got here and there was like, so much work to do! I was so confused, I was like, did I come to the wrong place or something? Anyway, that's the reason I just now got around to reading this chapter.

I will admit, I'm pretty confused. I guess it's the whole mystery element and I'm sure we'll find out what's going on soon, but right now I'm just like...what? I do like the premise though and the whole death records thing. That's very driving and intriguing.

- Jessie -
Astir-Lewis chapter 3 . 12/14/2012
FUCK YEAH! My prediction was right. But um, okay...this is going to get intneresting I see. I'm kind of hyped for the next chapter, keep em' rolling in :D
Happy Hippie chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
There's some good stuff here! I especially liked the whole deal with the graveyard, it had a good feel, very creepy. The plot devices are great, the little road trip and the graveyard and the headstone, it has a really good creep factor, suspenseful, a great air of mystery. I think you could take that tone a little farther though. It's up to you of course, but I feel like the humor and the creepiness kind of antagonize each other and you might benefit from picking one way or the other to lean a little more (and I'd go with creepy since the plot elements are naturally pretty creepy).

Character-wise I'm feeling a little roller-coastery. There are a lot of rapidly shifting emotions and the descriptions tend to take place separate from the dialogue. I think those could be a little more integrated as well as slowed down without it hurting the pacing. This will give you more room to develop characters as well. I know we're only on chapter 3, but the earlier you can get your characters firmly established the better. Let me know if you ever care to for real discuss stuff like this too, I love it. Keep up the good work!

XOXO

Jessie
bluerose62 chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
AMAZING STORY! There's a bunch of suspense and I love the whole "identity" thing. Keep writing!
Astir-Lewis chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
So...you just leave us hanging like that? I mean...come on really? That's jacked sauce, like majorly messed up, big time for reals. Anyway, I really like your story, I feel like I'm gonna end up loving it. I don't have too many complaints and I don't have a right to because it's super early on, but um...yeah, keep up the good work.

Love,
Astir
Happy Hippie chapter 2 . 12/11/2012
Wow, you just jumped right into the action didn't you? I wasn't expecting all this to happen so fast, but I guess you did say that it wasn't the whole point of the story. I'm interested to see what the whole point of the story actually is (I mean, besides the obvious, because we know what sort of stuff YOU'RE into :-P ). Side note - I totally got deja vu during this chapter. You do not know how many times my dad caught me sneaking out of the house and I told him I was just getting a cup of tea...with my purse...and my keys...and my hair done...lol. I mean, hahahahaha.

Jazzie.
Happy Hippie chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Omg sooooo many characters (are you having deja vu right now?). I mean, I guess it's not that many, it just feels like a lot in the first chapter because we don't know any of them yet BUT - we'll get there, I'm sure. Love the snarky attitude, btw. Keep that coming. I'm also pleased with the summary because you're right, this is not nearly as creepy as I imagined it from your description, but the summary (fml - SYNOPSIS) still fits. It feels pretty light actually, maybe you're one of those people who has a talent for dark humor. I love that. Hm...I guess we'll have to wait and see I guess. I'll be back for more ;-)

Jessssssssssssssss

(PS - we just learned that whining does not work on my name)