Reviews for The Only Outcome
Ygg chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Very poignant and tragic, the more so by the succinct lines. Every word has its place and meaning, leaving no room for redundant expositions. Well done!
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
You sounded defeat perfectly, the short sentences, only a few words. A really great piece :-D
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
This is a very defeatist poem because the speaker uses such short phrases as if they have given up and know that they'll lose to this other person. But I guess it's true in a way, everyone dies which means death is the best equaliser of all. This is such a hopeless (not forgetting emotional) piece that it makes me want to hug the speaker and say everything will be fine. Still a great piece though because it packs in so much with such few words.
Naver chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Oh, that was a surprise for me, I thought it was going to talk about how the other person always wins. This is a grim fate for both, that is true for life I guess.. yea, yes... yes it is..
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
This poem packs a lot of emotion into so few words. Very powerful. I'm not sure if you need the last stanza, as it seems to be implied in the first one, and the last sentence of the first stanza is already a very strong way to end the poem.