Reviews for 60 Minutes
my princess ending chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I thought this was a really cute short story. It definitely made me smile and let's just say that the time I took to read it was worth it.

xoxo,
JustWish
Brittany Woods chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I love so many things about this. I love that the characters remain unnamed because that, as the story touches upon, is an event or feeling or moment that any of us might experience. I love that you touch on the scenes happening around the speaker and I love that she's focused on love because it's where her head is. I love how smooth your writing is. This line: "It was weird to think that one place was the cause of so many people's sorrow or happiness, that coming here meant something different to everyone". Love that line. It's kind of my philosophy for the world. Everyone experiences everything differently. I'm fascinated by that and it drew me into your story as a true example to how my current moment will always be different than any other person's unless me and that person experience it together. I also really like that they didn't kiss at the end. I mean, sometimes I'm just like, "NOOOO!" when there's no big kiss moment, but it fit this story so well to leave it out and I applaud you for going in that direction.

This is fantastic and I can't wait to read more of your work now! Totally deserving of a place in the winner's circle! I'm amazed and awe inspired by the talent in ADoRnation. Please stop making me so envious of your abilities :) haha
Julietish chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Congratulations- this one-shot gets honorable mention for the train station prompt! Go Ali! I really liked the different situations all of those couples at the train station were in. It seemed like a righteous representation of any relationship if one bothered to pay attention. I caught one tiny typo (“As them man inspects” should be “As the man”). Lines like “…their hearts as they run from the world” were marvelous touches.

I almost thought you were going to crush my heart at the end and have the guy never show up. The ending was sweet and not cliché (i.e. big fat smooch at the end). The way he finally made his presence known made me wonder about their relationship. I liked that he snuck up behind her; I feel like that’s more unique than her seeing him from afar and having their slow-motion run to each other.

You stayed away from the clichés and the overall mood of this one-shot was really lovely.
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I have spent many occasions stuck at Glasgow Central Station thanks to trains not having arrived or having arrived too early so I am completely aware of how serene it is to just be sat on a bench and watching the comings and goings... this relaxing feeling, the feeling of being at complete ease is capture flawlessly in this one shot and I feel as if I am sat right next to the heroine waiting for the train to pull up. It's beautifully paced, cute little moments that remind you exactly what a train station can mean to so many people and a perfect entry to the competition! It's beautiful. Really really beautiful. Personally, I wish I had written this myself! Well done, Ali!
stuck in bed chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
I thought this'd be a romance from an outsider's point of view, but it ended up not being like that at all! I love unexpected endings. And the interaction at the end was so sweet! They've only said a few words but I can tell that they're an amazing couple.

I think your win is pretty much assured :)
bookppl93 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Aww this is cute.
D'AWWW chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
When I got to the last part I readied myself to be disappointed and label you as one of those sadistic writers who has terribly sad endings and then you fixed it, and in such a cute way too, and I was like YES, YES, YES! *random jerky movements* YES! Thank you for giving me a wonderful start to my day :)
rosieroo chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I thought we decided on Time Train. Obviously SOMEONE doesn't want their story to be a global success with millions of spin offs.