Reviews for Army of Shadows
J.Kuzzey chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
I definitely like the flow you have here. A quick detail like: 'Between us, the marble floor clicked.' keeps the rhythm and pace going just fine in between lines; it's perfectly placed and feels completely natural. You've got your own style, and it's working out well. Also, very quotable lol. "I jumped into the darkness / just to see how far it would go..." I like the use of words here: "... like a madman, a demented kid's kindergarten project." That flow is awesome.
J.Kuzzey chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
"It's just that I am too narrow-minded to accept it." Pretty much sums up the majority of living creatures, doesn't it? I feel like I'm getting invincible just reading this brief part here. If you refuse to accept it, it's no longer part of your reality, right? Eventually, will the true reality interrupt your world? Short but deep, I like it.
J.Kuzzey chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
I thought I'd drop in while I have some spare time and check out some of your other works. This is an interesting start so far. You've got a knack for both poetry and tempo'd prose. I actually feel like I can rap them at times, lol. I'm curious to continue reading, and fully experience your poem writing skills.
DrFaustus chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I really liked the use of repetion; it gave the poem an almost-neurotic feel. Really well written, nice flow to it and I enjoyed the sibilance in the first line mirroring the crashing of the sea. I also really liked 'blast Les Marseilles all day [...] mine the Champs-Élysées' - great sound to it and some interesting ideas.