Reviews for Weapon Of Choice
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
This is a really interesting piece with very intricate imagery. It reminds me of two things: 1) people praying to a God that use all their confessions either for or against them, if he wanted to. 2) a wallflower, someone who seems so insignificant that no one considers that person to be a threat but they could be. It seems very matter of fact, very distant - like the speaker has almost accepted this as a regular occurrence yet almost wants to lash out or do something about it in the second stanza. Very intriguing not to mention thought provoking piece, which is superb as always.
tolerate chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Hehe, I seem to be able to relate to your poems because we're almost alike in the same ways. Just a guess, this is probably referring to the people in your school, right? It reminds me of a wallflower, someone who is quiet but knows more about people than they know about themselves. I get that the person in the story is a quiet little girl that no one pays attention to, but are also mean to at the same time. And the girl knows secrets about them because it's rather obvious, though others don't know about it. So this girl can use those secrets as a weapon against them, but she doesn't. It's because she doesn't want to be like them, so cruel and mean, and that she has given them a chance. Rather than a chance, it's just that she doesn't want to do it. 'Yknow, "stoop to cruelty". I think that the girl is trying not to be cruel even though she's practically bathing in a pot of boiling liquid called cruelty. It's a choice of not wanting to change, and she hasn't changed yet. Which is really good. I love the poem and the meaning that lies within. Also, the third stanza. [But remember, I could] and all those, it's repetitive. It brings out more impact. I liked that. There was this flow in your poem, like a beat that was easy to follow. So really, fantastic work!
lovely lilting lullabies chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Wow. This is great. It's just that another title might have been more fitting.