Reviews for Why Can't I Be A Boy?
Horsewriter123 chapter 3 . 11/15/2013
Sry but I got lost who's pretending to be a guy and who's actually a guy? I love your story though its really good. Will you read mine? It's called Daughters of a Warrior. Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading!
Main chapter 3 . 9/9/2013
Well, this was an interesting read... genderbender's always interesting. :D
RTK chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Interesting story idea, always been a big fan of tom boy characters :P
And way for her mom to be supportive of her daughter...

Learning the Japanese language? Or just using the terms? Just curious.
Interested to see how the story plays out.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/5/2013
hi. did you reupload this story/change it to Japanese names? cause there's a few mistakes, and Jace and Max appeared quite a bit. it's confusing, but the story is good! :) please take your time.
Mr. Oompa Loompa chapter 2 . 7/5/2013
This story is very interesting xD
I'll be waiting for the next update.
H. Earthserpent chapter 3 . 1/29/2013
:D hey this sound like a fun read. i really hope you update again.
SunsetSprite chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
HAH? HE IS A SHE?! WHOA, I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS!
E. Armstrong chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
WOAHWOAHWOAH! Sebastian's a girl?! that'd be way too crazy and way too ironic and way too similar! WOWOW! please update! :) thank you
E. Armstrong chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
So good! :D a bit over exaggerated, but I love it! Please keep updating! :)
Yuuenchi chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Hello, found your story from your manga forum while doing the browsing thing.

First off, it's a cute concept, the notion of a tomboy going all the way, and I can see why you placed it in the Manga category for it's gender-bender comedy tropes. There are so many possibilities for humour, and you seem to have that angle down pretty well. I have to agree with a previous reviewer, though, that mashing up the Japanese school system in an officially stated "American" setting is not going to convince readers in the long run. You're better off revising the setting (and since it's a Manga fic, I'd recommend staying with a Japanese setting, though this would entail a partial re-write of learning her home-room class, and possibly re-casting names (unless you want to put it on an American base in Japan). You can still keep the lunch setting though, and the visit to the principal's office.)

I can see some conflict arising with her parents (unless you're writing in them in as really clueless and hands-off as regards to school) when they discover what she's done, and it'll be interesting to see how she works her way around this.

Another thing you might consider is varying the length of the paragraphs some more: single or two-line paragraphs give the tale a shallow feeling, and can end up being hard on the eyes, considering the white background to the text.

I do look forward to your next installment, (I've read the first two chapters, btw) and wish you the best of luck in future stories.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/25/2012
Not that your stories bad or anything, but it's out right confusing, a bit cliche, and geologically incorrect... You said that they are in America, yeah? So why are they using Japanese honorifics? I don't think we have cherry blossoms - "Sakura" trees here either... Other than that it's ok...
tokiluv chapter 2 . 12/26/2012
I love your story! Update soon!
Riku Ukita chapter 2 . 12/25/2012
Hope there will be more chapters to come soon!
SunsetSprite chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
CONTINUE! THIS IS VERY INTERESTING!