Reviews for Ashes and Embers
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
It has been too long since I've visited you my friend, and for that I am truly sorry. As usual, you have produced for public enjoyment a brilliant, thought provoking piece. What I personally liked most was the flow and the formatting - the use of bold for the repeated "But what? What do they wait for?" was a particularly cool technique that I myself have used on occasion. I also love the imagery created, by the second line in particular. In short, loved it! Nice job Naver! :D
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This is a peculiar poem because the context is vague which leaves you wondering what it was about, but it's great because the reader can interpret it to suit their own needs. I do like the beginning line, it's my favourite, but I think the imagery is so good that it gave me a little shiver. Brilliant piece and the repetition was perfect because it drove that point home, What are they waiting for? Very interesting. I could see this piece being a stand alone piece or as part of a little series but either it's brilliant.
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Cute little beginning. Do I feel a more chapters coming?
My Hidden Words chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Great job! Love the repetition and the conclusion!
Art7Freak chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
The ashes and embers look for fire, for life, and most importantly, a piece of good poetry. Awesome job :)
Life'sInevitable chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
I'm confused...i don't really understand what it's supposed to be about.
But it was good.
I guess poems are supposed to be left open to interpretation.
sapphireshadow15 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
This poem seriously brings lung cancer to mind. Hm. Perhaps I know nothing and belong in a mental asylum?

The image brought to my mind is smoking cigarettes. Though I could be wrong. I liked it a lot, it was a dark solidifier to the true consequences of smoking, in my mind.

Happy writing, friend.
-sapphire

PS- YEAH, YOU WERE RIGHT. THE TITLE IS COOL! OOPS, CAPS LOCK...