Reviews for The Peacock and the Chalice
Ebony Mitsu chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
This is a very well-written piece; I love the imagery, and I think the whole idea is beautiful and flows so well.

Early modern English is . . . tricky. I gather you mean when the English language was first being written down? You're right in that it has all the "thou's" and "thee's", but there are other things as well. A good example is the works of Chaucer (you can find them all over the internet or library I'd think) who was a poet. Some words were spelt differently (sometimes just plain strangely) and there were some words that either don't exist anymore or are from other languages; in Chaucer's time English was mixed heavily with French i think.

I really do suggest looking him up if only because he was an amazing writer; his Canterbury Tales is so funny at times. A trick to reading it though; in those times every syllable was supposed to be pronounced, there were no silent letters! It sounds funny believe me; we had to read it 'properly' in our English Literature class and we were in hysterics every time.

All in all I think this is a truely charming little piece, and I look forward to any more you upload.