Reviews for Unquenchable Flame: The Great I Am
Banana cream Pie12 chapter 7 . 6/30/2013
I hope, you didn't abandon the story. I've discovered it today and I really like it. Please update soon! :)
Wind Knight chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
Velette, I am SO sorry, I didn't make that clear. When they say it's not an option, the reason it isn't one is because they literally CAN'T kill Lucifer, since he IS the strongest of all the angels. Hope that clears things up.
Velette chapter 5 . 1/7/2013
This was an interesting chapter, and a nice cliffhanger! Though I'd try to make the angels' movements more detailed, the fight was interesting too.
Though why wasn't killing Lucifer an option? I mean, he obviously will be cast into the pit at the very end, but I don't really know why the angels would hold back, and they didn't seem to be doing so in the fight.
Velette chapter 4 . 1/2/2013
Whew, that's one plot twist! I did not see that coming.
I liked the character development in this chapter! Zechariah's being a prophet was an interesting idea, and one that makes sense considering the earlier chapters.
Just one thing-you mentioned Zechariah as being called the 'son of man'. Is that term ever applied to a normal human being (not Jesus) in the Bible?
Velette chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
This was a good chapter on the whole-the plot got moving, and we get to see more of the angels in human form.
I've got a few suggestions, though; I wouldn't mix the angels' speech with 'ye' so much. The angels in the Bible probably weren't speaking Old English anyway; it was most likely Hebrew or some heavenly language that we don't even know about. Just an idea. :P
And the action was a little confusing...
Velette chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
Wow, there's a plot twist all right! I'm curious to see where the story will go from here, with the angels in human bodies.
Also, (I know my knowledge of the Bible isn't that good) where does that putting into human bodies happen in the Bible? I'd like to read it!
Yeah, this chapter was a little confusing... but the world-building is getting along well in spite of it. My suggestion would be to try showing us a little more of the world... you know, just describe the places and scenes a little more. :)
Velette chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Excellent chapter.
I really love the practically seamless integration of the story's setting in only the first chapter. And it looks like a very unique post-apocalyptic scene, as well as a pretty good depiction of what it REALLY will be like in the endtimes.
I'm curious, though; who are the people walking with Zechariah? And I'd like to know more about Zechariah, too.
Makiel's already shaping up to be an interesting character. Which will be a challenge, considering angels and their position in the Bible, as well as all the questions we have about them. But I feel you'll be up to it.
Looking eagerly forward to more!
Ramificat chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I'm liking Makiel! An intriguing character - I knew he wouldn't resist the warmth of the love of God. I also liked the gate image - it would be good to implement more Biblical imagery like it! Please watch the typos towards the end - I know it's easy to miss them. A Theological point of contention in this work is the concept of seeing God face to face (I presume you're talking about God the Father and not the whole Godhead - seeing Jesus wouldn't be as problematic). John 1:8 says that only Jesus has ever seen the Father and in Exodus 33:20 God tells Moses that he cannot see his face and live. Jesus essentially says in John 14 that seeing him can be equated to seeing the Father (and he is Biblically seated at the right hand of the Father as I type). Of course, you are under no obligation at all to adhere to this and I really don't want to Bible bash, but I thought I'd point it out for reference. :)