Reviews for Because Eff You, That's Why
SneakySpy chapter 5 . 2/4/2013
I like!
Tianxia chapter 5 . 2/4/2013
I love the description that Win's shit works long-distance. Mace's shit works short-distance incredibly well in its own right. :3
Hopefully Win picked Hadley up. It would be in-character for him to say "Haddle bear," I think.
I wonder what Hadley means by "I'm never going to die." He doesn't seem to give a fuck about life in general or any specific thing (besides Assassin's Creed III). Yet he's been so careful and anal retentive regarding his "suicide attempts." And he wouldn't fake suicide if the action didn't have some meaning to him. (Maybe someone he knew committed suicide? Or maybe the only meaning it has for him is in other's reactions.) Does it mean he actually wouldn't mind dying?
Anyway, your story is supremely enjoyable. Please continue. *heart*
Tianxia chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Magical. 3 Love the insights into Hadley's actions and psyche. Enjoyed the way you described and showed the characters; even the way you wrote from Hadley's pov was angry. Also liked the diction (schnoz, inane).
Ney13 chapter 5 . 2/4/2013
Very good echii scene
Explicitly Simple chapter 5 . 2/4/2013
I love it soo far. Great. Continue...
*its 4 am here so you really can't blame me for sounding pretty lazed out.*
Wombate chapter 5 . 2/3/2013
Oh, please update soon. Quite an intriguing ending. I love Hadley's personality and way of thinking.
PuzzledApproach chapter 5 . 2/3/2013
Hot! Love that you had Hadley walk in... he could simply use the excuse that he's not used to having roommates and therefor didnt know what the tie meant... they'd probably believe him lol So, my guess is that Win found him and then got Mace to come bring him inside. Update again soon!
La Imperatrice chapter 5 . 2/3/2013
Aww... that's so cute! I really like this chapter, it certainly was the highlight of my stress-heavy weekend.

I hope the next chapter is quickly forthcoming.
PuzzledApproach chapter 4 . 1/26/2013
I really like this! I am so glad to have found it, you are awfully talented and your characters are hilarious! Update again soon my dear, you now have another dedicated reviewer ;)
DirtyBooks chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
Okay! So I'm going to be terribly annoying and point out the things that could do with some work before I praise you. Just keep in mind that I wouldn't be reviewing if I didn't love your story. (:

First of all, this part: "Good wood that, his father would have said. The man's dark sense of humor did not frown away from jokes about his son's death. Sometimes, Hadley wondered if, secretly, the man wished he really were dead."

I understand what you were trying to do, but I didn't really feel an actual connection. I thought at first that when you were talking about good wood, you were saying it was sturdy, not that it was "willing" to kill Hadley. If you want to introduce this characteristic of his father's, I'm thinking you should avoid this example, or at least find a way to make a strong connection to death.

Next, this: "Against his will, his mind called up an image of Mace's half-naked body, filling his vision like a flashback only not really, because Win was there too, half-naked as well."

Once again, I see what you mean, but I only realized it after I read it over a couple times. You're saying that it wasn't like a flashback, because an element that wouldn't have been in a genuine flashback-Win, in this case-was part of it as well. However, it's not very easy to get. I would suggest-because I like this, actually-that you say something along the lines of: "Against his will, his mind called up an image of Mace's half-naked body, filling his vision like a flashback only not really, because Win was there too, half-naked as well, and he definitely hadn't been there, because kladjflasjfajdoiwje..." whatever the hell you want to say. Or you can get rid of it, but I feel like this line fits Hadley really well. Maybe say Win couldn't have possibly been half-naked with Mace because Hadley would have been at risk of coming in his pants-something like that.

And then, the genie's lamp thing. I didn't really feel a strong connection there. I'm honestly confused about it. Like...genie's lamps are fancy I guess? But I think you could go for a much more apt comparison-like the room of a Twilight fangirl, or...I don't know! I just don't really feel the genie's lamp. I think of wishes when I think of that, so unless you're going for that...yeah, I wouldn't.

Alright! And last thing! (Holy shit, finally Tashabelle.) Haha, anyway, I am very confused about Hadley denying his homosexuality. Actually, I'm not too confused about that, because I'm sure he wants to keep away from those two so they won't infect him and his world with their fairy gayness. But in the past chapters he has been OVERLY clear about being gay, and not too uncomfortable about it either, so when I hear a line like, "His unquestionable sexuality was being questioned!" I am confused. Perhaps you forgot that Hadley already knows he's gay? Accidents happen. But if you're trying to do what I thought you might, which is just get these two off his back, make that a lot clearer. Maybe say, "How dare they question him!" Something like that. And just have it clearer throughout.

And now! The good stuff! I love your characters-Hadley is hilarious, as always. I love how he treats the dean, and how stubborn and stuck up he is. I think it's funny how easily he crumbles, too, which just makes me love him more, because I can laugh at him. Win is really sweet and just so...GAY, and I love how timid he is when bringing up the idea of Hadley being straight-haha-and how let down he is when Hadley affirms he is. But he has a backbone too, which is very good, because he definitely needs one if he is going to get into Hadley's pants. Mace is just awesome. I feel like he's the dash of spice to your little recipe, and I cannot wait for him to mess Hadley up. He's too egotistical not to make a show of it.

I was also notably excited about the description of Hadley's physical self. I think it came in at a perfect time, because before, due to Hadley's confidence and selfishness, I was picturing this tallish, normally built, dark haired person, and with this it now deflates into this smaller boy that somehow holds in Hadley's character. It's such a great contrast to who he really wants to be, and it's also...funny. I love it.

Keep writing! Please!
Lapari Caprise chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
This story is many things. It is gorgeous, witty, wonderfully written, and makes me laugh out loud and want to come back for more. It's one of those stories that I can just sit back and enjoy because of the sheer awesomeness of it.
I love the writing style and the way you introduced the characters one at a time, giving them enough space to shine in his own light and reveal all of the weird and wonderful quirks of their personalities. I also love how you incorporated the dry humour and those deliciously sexy moments, adding up to a story which is explosive in so many ways.
Geez. I wish I'd discovered this sooner. Excellent find, excellent read. I honestly cannot wait for the next chapter.
ndsanders89 chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
I think that I'm really going to like this story. Your characters are hilarious and I can't wait to read more about them, especially Win since he's from New Orleans (woot woot!) and Mace since he seems to be the hottie in this threesome. Keep up the good work and update soon!
Ney13 chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
'"Are you sure about that?" There was the oddest note of disappointment to his voice, but Hadley didn't have the time to notice it. His unquestionable sexuality was being questioned!'
I was really confused as to who said this. Because you don't have a name for 'his voice', and we haven't seen enough of the characters to discern between their specific voices/speech. Other than that, it looks good:)
DirtyBooks chapter 3 . 1/12/2013
Okay, a few things. First: "Except this time it was about a boy who looked good in thigh hugging, blue jeans." I believe you're talking about Win here, and as much as I understand wanting to get in a new detail, I think you should link this back to the smile that made him look hot so the connection is stronger. Something like "Except this time is was for a boy with a killer smile. And looked good in thigh hugging, blue jeans, by the way." Then you have both. Second: Leaving out the door isn't grammatically incorrect, so to make this moment funny and surprising like you want it to be, have him say something that is, and perhaps is glaringly obviously grammatically incorrect as well. Third: "It was at this point that Hadley realized that Mace's comfort in his own skin extended to his sleeping. Perfect bum, lean legs, back like a greek god, and arms that were made for holding, climbed up the ladder, flexing their muscles and disappeared over the edge." I was very confused by this. I THINK I have an idea of what you were going for, something like 'he was comfortable to sleep with because he's got such great musculature'? But this is really not clear at all. I suggest you go for an entirely different approach to make this connection.

Alright! Enough with that! Well, this was as fun a chapter as ever. Hadley's voice is great, and he really makes me laugh. Putting a stuck-up character in a vulnerable position is something I'll never get tired of reading, or writing. You do a great job. Keep it up! I can't wait to see Hadley mutually molested by Win and Mace.
Bathe Me in Black chapter 3 . 1/12/2013
you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. you make me haaaappy, when skies are greeeey.

so there's my serenade to you and you better be content.

i have also already copy and pasted my fave parts to you, so alas now i say...

moar.