Reviews for Red-White Flare
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I completely and whole-heartedly agree, smoking is what robs people of their life. I like the way you presented this sensitive topic, personally I had experience with watching people smoke and be like the speaker - wondering why they'd give up on life for nicotine. I think this is a great piece and I was really quite shocked when you twisted it and mentioned how old she was. My jaw literally fell to the floor. I thought I was the only person who felt like this, which is why I'll never smoke not even to try it, but thank you for showing me different. This is a superb piece which everyone should read, maybe then smoking would be gone for good. Great piece, as always!
JellicleJuggalo chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
One of my Mum's best friends died of lung cancer from smoking. It's a truly awful way to die. My Mum hasn't smoked in 17 years, and she's still scared. I find the atmospheric description really sneaks up on the reader here; at first, it seems hyperbolic, but you slowly realize everything it says is true, and it only seems that way because we're so desensitized to this deathly "fog" that it seems mundane. When you really think about the it, cigarettes sound a lot like something from H.P. Lovecraft or Sunn O))). I'd never have thought something could provoke this much thought about smoking. I still don't get why anyone would do it, personally.
True Talker chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
All I can say is that smoking does tend to affect others health in a negative way. I will share this my first cigarette was when I was 18 years of age. Why? I wanted to try it. Was it because of anyone else? No, that is Not the way that I am. I actually wanted to try it myself. I have Never/Not ever been a person that does things because others do. Why did I quit? Because I had a major Pulmonary Embolism and even though I wanted to smoke when I was stressed and I do mean REALLY STRESSED. Those that had cared about me didn't let me. When was the last time that I actually had a cigarette? I think that it was 6 - 7 years ago. At least I think so. I NO longer feel the need to smoke when I am stressed. Besides it wasn't as if I was a heavy smoker I had only smoked really when I had a glass or two of alcohol. I don't miss it. It is costly and etc...