Reviews for The Art of Creation
Guest chapter 17 . 5/25/2013
Update!
Crazy lady27 chapter 17 . 5/16/2013
I absolutely LOVE your story! :D
Update soon, this ia a very addicting story.
I love the world you created it's so captivating and fresh. I love the character development and the love story. :)
Can't wait for the next chapter.
Snowfall Illusions chapter 17 . 5/12/2013
Okay. I like this chapter... but I don't feel enough *umph* was packed behind the blow. It's a big deal... so make it a big deal. Need tension and shockers and realizations. (Though I do thank you for posting a chapter. I was getting worried and more than a little bit needy.)
I really want to learn more about Aderyn's mom and why she is in her head. It's slightly creepy and slightly not. I'm not sure what to think about it.

Great Job!
Rabbit
Snowfall Illusions chapter 16 . 5/2/2013
Aaaaaaye. No leaving me with cliffhangers. We've been over this.

Okay Review time:
First of all YAY! Long chapters are nice. The story gets farther along and I feel like you put more detail into things.
I like how Aderyn is getting more freedom (kind of) and used her time to visit her friends. The bit about Luke and him was nice and I liked how you had him be all fatherly to her. The bit about Tai and Paolo seemed a bit pushed though. Maybe make Aderyn compare her relationship with Gid to that of Tai and Paolo...?
(I am being totally reference-y here because if people read the review before reading the chapter/story, I don't want to ruin things)
When Gid says what he does... I loved how you referenced animals. In my mind for this story, it always seems to me that They are referring to the humans as animals...yet They are more... primitive(?) and seem to have more animal-istic tenancies and/or behaviors. Then Gideon makes a comparison of himself to an animal, that just made me go "O.o"
I can't wait for the next chapter to find out why Gideon had the 'spaz attack' and why Aderyn needs to run.

Great job!
Rabbit (I'm impatient so the next chapter...POST SOON!)
Ava Oxalis chapter 15 . 4/28/2013
I was hoping for more explanation of the initial kiss and the monkey reference but of course It was still wonderful.
Snowfall Illusions chapter 15 . 4/25/2013
ERHMAHGERD! NO WAY! 3333 FEELS! 333

I can't even... just... argh. I love this story so much. Gideon is such a great character and Aderyn... 3... why do I love fictional characters so much. Why?!
Why do you do this to me?! It's not fair Ram!
I love love love how Gid explains his story and how Aderyn is just like... gah and 3.

Too many feels. I think I just can't make coherent sentences because the descriptions are so vivid and alive that I feel like I am there. You are an amazing author to be able to make a reader fall head-over-heals in love with fictional characters. Great job Ram!
3 Rabbit!
RomComNT chapter 15 . 4/25/2013
I. Love. Your. Story! So jealous of your ideas and writing skills XD :P :D
The Dead Fish chapter 15 . 4/25/2013
I think I might love this chapter. Very much. Can't wait for the next!
ResurrectedLight chapter 14 . 4/18/2013
The only thing I didn't like about this was it was too short! I thought we were going to learn about Gideon's parents but you cut us off!
But no, I truly do love this story. I even recommended it to a few people.
I like the medic, he's so creepy. He makes your skin crawl, I know I would probably hate him in real life but in writing creepy, dark characters intrigue me. I also like Aderyn standing up to him, making him back down. You go girl! lol
Anyway, I can't wait for more. I certainly can't wait to hear more about Gideon's past. That's sure to be interesting.
RBJohnson chapter 14 . 4/16/2013
Wow. I am hooked, and I can hardly wait for more!
Ceskasi chapter 14 . 4/16/2013
I guess this chapter was a bit shot for me... but I liked it nonetheless. I hope you update soon and reveal all the secrets of Gideon and his parents. I'm just soooo curious. :)
ResurrectedLight chapter 13 . 4/2/2013
So I read this when it was first posted, I just didn't review cause I read it on my phone and it's a bit hard to type on such a small screen.

As you probably already know, I love your story. Don't know what more I can say in that regard. :)

The concept you've laced in that she can receive a visit from her mother is interesting. You've given us an answer to what happened with her hypnotizing powers and though her mother claims she will never do it again, I'm curious to see if they could not possibly use it to their advantage to help Aderyn escape.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Whirlymerle chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Hi from the Labyrinth!

[Everybody leans forward in their chairs, their action so in unison that it appears as if a huge wave is breaking right] I love this metaphor! But I wonder if the writing will be stronger if you get rid of “they’re action so in unison.”I think you’re audience will get the point, and if you don’t blatantly say it, the metaphor will be more thought provoking and powerful, I think.

[to let the music and memories take me] Here would be a nice moment to see some of her memories and get a better grasp of her character, I think

My favorite part in this chapter is probably the interactions between Aderyn and Luke. It’s very sweet, and they do seem kind of father-daughterly, which is why I love the line where she says thinking about that seems like betrayal; I thought it showed her pain extremely well and was a perfect line for the bittersweet tone of this.

I didn’t like Aderyn’s reaction to Gideon’s quasi-kiss. They’ve just met, she still thinks he’s a monster after, and the situation at this point looks like sexual assault. And even if he didn’t seem harmless at that moment, I feel like that if she’s been enslaved and abused by his people, she wouldn’t lean in to the kiss unless she has Stockholm syndrome or something. We’d have to know a lot more about her character for the kiss under that circumstance to work, I think.

I think it’s interesting that you capitalize “They,’ but not ‘he” when you’re referring to Gideon. It makes me think that They as a collective is inhuman and scary, but as an individual, it’s possible that Aderyn sees or will come to see Gideon on the same level as herself. Solid writing!

Merle
Snowfall Illusions chapter 13 . 3/28/2013
I kind of got a bad vibe from the mom, especially after Aderyn says she was/is scared of the water. It didn't help my vibes either when the mom tried to wring out her hair and failed... I think I'm getting a 'banshee' feeling from her. She's dead, she sings, and she is eerie (at least to me). I'm glad you explained what is going on for Aderyn's singing. Pretty cool idea for her to sing songs of the dead. Creepier still that she was parting the souls of Them.
I can't wait to see what happens next and I loved how you used the 'straight and clear path to your future is now muddled with 'maybe' choices that could lead to bad things' bit.
When will the next chapter be coming out!?
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »