Reviews for Hidden In His Weary Face
Valenteen chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I love this personification of the clock, and how the idea of a 'grandfather clock' has aged so much that he's dying! Lovely rhyme scheme and the rhythm flowing through.
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I think the personification of this is eloquent. I'd even go as far to say as flawless in my opinion. I liked the fact that you warped such a thing as a clock stopping to make it so sad that it almost brings a tear to my eye. I really like the originality of this piece because I have seen a piece like it. Very good, keep it up!
Ordet Alene chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
This is lovely. I really like how you intertwined the elements of a clock and this man's death. The combination's connection is quite fitting. It's a very creative, interesting, and intriguing (though not surprising) portrayal of human life/death.
ToeshoeMezzo chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
It was a good idea, but in forcing your rhyme scheme, you warped it. The execution could have been better. By forcing the rhyme scheme, you misused a few words and put others in a less than favourable order (wane means grows smaller, and there were a few verses with words that felt as is they should have been switched). I liked the idea, and I think that if you work on it a bit more, you can make it great.
Meadow Frost chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
That was very well done, and very sad.
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Beautiful personification of the clock here, pretty much flawless. Good attempt at a rhyme scheme as well - I think the looseness of it adds to the personification of the clock in that he sounds tired and nothing's fitting like it should or used to. Nice work, as always :)
petbuddy chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
lovely
Rejuvenated Tragedy chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
This was very heart-renching. I can't believe how good this was. I hope to see more!