Reviews for Acorn
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I think the imagery in this is sweet and it works well as a lullaby. The imagery and flow really works well here. However, I'm a little confused on how an acorn can relate to the negative parts of a relationship but maybe I'm just missing something. I do get the love part though and it works well. Really good and I'd love to see you try more lullabies and songs because I'd like to see what you'd make of the format and where you take it.
RedMonocle chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Man, that's some heavy stuff right there! Beautifully worded and I can totally relate! It resonates very deeply with me, not being one of the luckiest people in romantic love. Great job!
-Reddie
Lizard1856 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I think it's interesting how you use an acorn as the subject of comparison; but it works - you can still find the message in it. Reading this through, it seems more like a poem than a song; not to discourage; I think it's really awesome that you wrote and posted your first song. :) All throughout it, you kept saying things like: Yes, I loved you like an acorn ; But I still love you like an acorn, stuff like that - which is good because it keeps the flow going, but my thought is: what does fighting with your boyfriend/lover/any person in general have to do with squirells and acorns? I get the love part of it, cuz, y'know, squirells love acorns; but the fighting part, the loving and missing the pain parts - I don't see how that ties in with squirells loving acorns.
Mistakes-and-Memories chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Great song. What's the hidden message?
Star of Life chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
That was sweet. . .Hmm. . .Good but it should be more formatted as a song, I think. The idea and feelings are really good though. Keep it up, please!
My Hidden Words chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I love the acorn. I just do. Possibly because I think squrrils are cute.
hal99 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013