Reviews for What I Didn't Expect
ctolhouse chapter 10 . 1/21/2013
I just discovered this story today and I'm really enjoying it. Beth and Lee's story is sort of beautiful in the way it's unfolded and you write it well. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Lucy Freebird chapter 9 . 1/17/2013
Fantastic story so far! I love how much life you put into all the characters. Just fantastic!
chameleonduality chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
Ahaha, this chapter was just basically smut. Gorgeous, gorgeous smut. Loved it! And the ending was certainly intriguing... do I sense drama ahead? Or will they both admit their stronger feelings to each other and themselves? Or will outward forces contrive to force them apart? Ah, who knows!

I'm certainly enjoying the ride anyway. Keep up the good work! )

Peace. xo
AmyRose1978 chapter 5 . 1/13/2013
Wow, I love your writing style. Not often I find something here that has a kind of realism to the characters. Am gonna have to read chapter 6 later cos it's 7am and I have to sleep.
chameleonduality chapter 6 . 1/11/2013
Aaaaannnnd of course the last chapter up would be right before the juicy sex scene. Just my luck...

However, all mention of sex aside, I'm really liking this story - hopefully you'll get more reviews as more chapters go up etc. I like your writing style, and pace (the story doesn't drag, but it isn't unrealistically fast-paced). You're also doing well dealing with serious issues like divorce and representing feelings from both sides of the focal relationship well. And your main character seems really well-adjusted and mature... very unlike a lot of teeny bopper (god I just said 'teeny bopper', I'm so OLD) stories about groupies hooking up with band members etc. which often show as much depth and subtlety as a plank of wood. Also, it's really fucking nice to see someone dealing with drugs in a way that isn't either one end of the spectrum (i.e. from being an addict to absolutely abstaining). It's nice to see someone represented who can partake of drugs like alcohol and cigarettes and weed, who isn't a bloody idiot about it and can take care of themselves.

You've got good grammar and spelling too (which're a bit of a bugbear of mine), and an intriguing plot! I would say keep up the good work, but as you've already written all of it, instead I look forward to the next chapters! )

Peace. xo
sparkfirereader chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
Still very impressed. I'm getting so addicted to this story that I've read it just now at five am when I got it. Can't wait to read more. I'm definitely wondering about Carla showing up in the future which could be an interesting moment. Hope to see more soon.
sparkfirereader chapter 2 . 1/7/2013
Great characters. I can't wait to read more. Definitely a dynamic couple you've created.
ClSabin23 chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
Really liking this so far, can't wait to see what happens with Beth & Lee :)
38 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3