Reviews for No Nonsense
philosophythemes chapter 9 . 8/10/2013
You should read Nicomachean Ethics, books 3 and 4, by Aristotle. The most virtuous position is between two extremes. Pure diversity is wrong because it divides people into cliques. Pure Unity is wrong because it makes everybody uniform. Diversity is good because it offers a synthesis of skills, a synthesis required to adapt. Unity is good because it brings a population together to pursue common goals. We are 50 states under one flag. Each state has its own subculture, and the federal government keeps us all together. Currently, the federal is waxing and the state is waning. This trend must be reversed to keep a good balance of both. Oh yeah, and some extremists in the South East call the Civil War the war of northern aggression. Yes, there are people that want to revise history. Also apply Aristotelian ethics to chapter four. A good parent is neither too authoritative nor too permissive. Regular spanking is too far, and never using a firm voice is not far enough.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/31/2013
Haha… these little essays are so right on the money! I agree with you so much, it's ridiculous! But you forgot about not offending the Indians…erm…Native Americans. I mean, sure I feel bad about how they were basically shoved off their property, but they weren't all peace-loving tree-huggers like modern schools would have us believe. It was war, it was ugly, it wasn't right, but it was also a long time ago. If we truly want them to be our equals, then we must treat them the same way as everyone else.
spezria26 chapter 9 . 3/31/2013
I don't know how to respond. I'm literally mind-blown. That was... I am honestly confused
spezria26 chapter 8 . 3/31/2013
My theory: People are gay because they find somebody they're attracted to and don't resist it and fall in love.
My theory: they advertise it to prove something. To prove that there are gay peoplee out there and that it's okay and taht they're proud. I honestly think its cool to see those.
I, honestly, understand your whole "straight pride" day and the idea makes utter sense (i mean, equality and all that) but at the same time I'd call you a homophobic prick. Sorry! I know your not but the idea just sounds very much like a band of homophobic pricks. If you made the intention of it not being all homophobic-prick-y clear then it'd be okay I suppose
Sure, why not, leave your straight status on there.
I don't think it'd be that offensive to have an I'm straight shirt.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/31/2013
Wow. I so get what you're saying here! It's so ridiculous, right? Sometimes children do actually need 'tender love and care,' but sometimes what they really need is a good spanking. One of the best ways to show your children that you love them is to show a true interest in their activities and the kind of person they're becoming. Nice to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts. :)
spezria26 chapter 7 . 3/31/2013
Never seen Meet Dave. I wouldn't be offended by the word hooligan, I'd crack up laughing because it reminds me of "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and if I ever used that word *unlikely* i wouldn't mean it offensively. Hooligan the way you were using it just insinuates... Those mischevious boys i suppose
spezria26 chapter 6 . 3/31/2013
I wouldn't call myself a nerd. I din't wear suspenders. I do wear glasses. I suck at simple arithmetic and anything involving a number over 1 or below 1. I think science is boring and usually don't understand it until after the fact if at all. Poetry is a mystery to me. I never do pick-up on metaphors unless they're blatantly obvious. I suck at foreign languages. I suck at interpering history and fully comprehending it. No. I do not consider myself a nerd because that insinuates that I have above above average intelligence.
Anyways, also, I have watched all the "Back to the Future's" multiple times (Marty McFly!) and am about to go play that app I just downloaded
spezria26 chapter 5 . 3/31/2013
I think your smart, observative, and have a really cool outlook on life that, may or may not be, intentionally funny. You remind me of that stereo-typed dorky kid in the back of the classroom who is just soo awkward and picks up on everything.

Anyways: I think the parents should dictate for a little while but I agree, there's a point where they should just let them do what they like because, speaking from experience, you learn your limits and regrets and stuff. I never belive my parents until I know it myself. For instance: i can only stay up until past 3am twice a week without passing out ;)
spezria26 chapter 4 . 3/31/2013
First off: "nice touches" makes Aiden sound like a creeper that wants to feel poor Emma up.
Second: when did we stop using your method of just telling them to apologize? (Although I still think this is flawed because they don't mean it so it is practically pointless)
Thirdly: I think adults are afraid to assert themselves in cases of rebellience or that the kid will start crying because they won't undertand or something
Fourth: This nursery school teacher sounds weird
Any59.0 chapter 9 . 3/31/2013
1. I understand diversity. It is just a fact of life. But after a certain point it doesn't matter because it stops being diversity and starts being something else.
2. I don't know your area, so it could just be that you have a lot of different backgrounds going to M-A (personally I like 'Strength in Unity' better)
3. WW2. We were actually super Anti-Jew during that time.
4. Eh, I live in a suburb of Cleveland so whenever I have free time and I'm board I'm either online, listening to music, or up in Cleveland hanging out
5. Astro-turf sucks. Especially in marching band when you get the little black pellets in your shoes.
tiggerandpooh chapter 7 . 3/16/2013
Ha, ha! I really like this. xD You know, I'm not really sure what hooligan even means. If someone called me a hooligan, I would just laugh it off. What's Meet Dave?
Any59.0 chapter 8 . 3/1/2013
I'm a bi and I choose to say it a fair amount because if I don't people assume I'm straight, and when they see me being lovey-dovey with a girl they get offended. And as a bisexual, we're often forgotten, so they jump the gun and go "You're GAY!" they might even take it a step farther and say "Why didn't you tell me?" I don't know why we advertise so much (maybe for others to get a better understanding and/or ask us out). Personally, I would think you're being a bit of a pompous ass if you put "I'm straight" just because you have it better than gays/bis. Let's face it if there is a black man, a white woman, a hispanic, a gay person, an asian, and a white man applying for a job, even if the white man is unqualified, he will be hired. The white woman has the next best bet. So please don't.
Any59.0 chapter 7 . 3/1/2013
1. nah, not really.
2. I would look at them, then shrug it off.
3. No
Any59.0 chapter 6 . 3/1/2013
1. no. I may be decently smart, but I'm nicknamed 'idiot'.
2. It's the fact that our generation is screwed up. Dr. Seuss actually invented the word 'nerd'.
3. no, I don't own and iWhatever.
4. Bits and pieces.
Any59.0 chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
I had a craving for McNuggets earlier.
1. I think that it's a useful teaching method.
2. Science. It's everywhere in science. And my insane grammar skills.
3. I think they de-bone it, nobody chokes and sues.