Reviews for ORCHID
Sephiria Evangeline chapter 4 . 2/1
Samuel... Epic older guys are epic :3

I don't know if it's just me, but occasionally your dialogue sounds ...unnatural(?) It's grammatically correct, but it occasionally somehow feels like it's been put through a translator at some point.

(meh, sorry it's such an iffy review DX )
Sephiria Evangeline chapter 1 . 2/1
I accidentally forgot about the adjective definition of "Halcyon" and completely expected to find a couple of colorful birds in this chapter *kicks self* lol

Great first chapter
I loved the pace in which elements of the story were introduced; particularly the pronoun game in the very beginning of the chapter and they way you introduced Azure and set his personality without spelling it out.

*excitedly clicks next*
Gracekim1 chapter 1 . 1/24
This is very good! I really enjoy it!;)
360pages chapter 2 . 12/21/2014
The first sentence seems strange to me, the use of semi-darkness feels out of place compared to the tone of this chapter. Which is legit dark, details are great despite the violence in the scene.
some1eleven chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
*wanders into ORCHID*

British Empire? Excuse me, I need to wipe off the drool from my chin *w* (How can a British Empire be a British Empire without India, though? It somehow sounds just... Alien ;] )

So many familiar names put in such unfamiliar contexts. Wellingtons. Kennedys. Not to mention, Abraham Lincoln on a throne _ ; I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must have felt for him. Did he establish a dynasty? I hope he did :)

So much information dropped in the subtext. It's only the first chapter, and we already know a lot about the geopolitics, social structure, important names and some of the important plot devices. I personally could use a little more mystery, but it's certainly a good move. I always felt it's only fair to give your readers a good idea of what kind of story they've stumbled upon, and this chapter does a great job on presenting some of the fundamental themes :]

Oh dear... You know you see a noveau aristocrat if they can't even punish a clumsy servant in an elegant manner that won't upset the other guests on a party ':} Talk about a social suicide, Wellington-san. Before the evening is over, everyone in the room will call you an uncultured brute behind your back. When among snobs, do as the snobs do * v * b

A few years back, one of my flatmates pointed out to me how they find it weird that I always speak of my parents as "father" and "mother" rather than "dad" and "mom". I feel that I understand what they meant after eavesdropping on Azure's phone talk 'X]
360pages chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
A rather quick first chapter. We are introduced to the characters and the locations fast, I wouldn't mind a little more build up. Not detail, those are perfectly fine, but just a set up to the scene. It all happens rather quickly and even though it's the first chapter I wouldn't mind being able to pin Azure's personality a little more.
Starart152 chapter 2 . 12/5/2014
This is another good chapter. The situation is currently confusing and doesn't seem to make since. I will not say it is bad since the situation seems chaotic.
Azure is lucky to still be alive and not killed by Macbeth troop.
Starart152 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
This is a nice way to start the chapter. The character are well presented at the beginning and I think their personality are interesting. Azure is an interesting character with the little information given right now.
cmaej chapter 52 . 10/16/2014
Wow.

This is one corrupt government if a businessman can just have his rival killed simply because he has enough money to get it done. But Azure kills in self-defense, and the military is all over his ass. Damn.

Sorry for the short review. I'm actually further ahead and I just want to catch up so I can get to ROSE.
cmaej chapter 51 . 10/16/2014
The thought of scaling the stairs of a skyscraper makes me want to vomit.

And Arctus... the smart guy who's secretly a closet perv. He represents so many RAOSCers, it's ridiculous. I am glad he let his feelings be known. I don't blame him, and I don't think his friends should be angry because he feels that way. He has a lot in common with Azure. He just wants peace for his family, but he found himself in some shit.

Here we go! Maybe Ryan will be an ass-pull and finally find his potential when it's needed most. lol
cmaej chapter 50 . 10/16/2014
I forgot Ryan can't use mana, yet. Usually, the non-combat character has the brains to delegate. But not poor Ryan. It seems like you have something planned for him, though.

I also find it funny that Astra is the boss. He seems like the guy who is so crazy, that he works alone. And only those who are really desperate to get the job done will deal with him because his skills are legendary. Who in their right mind would follow a guy who talks in third person, anyway? lol
cmaej chapter 49 . 10/5/2014
You sure have a knack for making readers fell sorry for the unimportant, background characters. R.I.P., secretary in the red dress.

That prick Nathaniel... The nerve of him to talk shit to his elders. You would think he was better bred, even if Dunbarton is a rival. Let's hurry up and get to some ass-whooping!
cmaej chapter 48 . 10/5/2014
Wow. You know what? I part where you mentioned that Samuel disappeared behind a newspaper while Azure and his father left the car stood out to me, for some reason. Now I understand the significance of him being left behind while the father and son left on a wild goose chase. I honestly thought shit was going to go down for Azure's friends back home, but now they must be the heroes.

And my favorite minor character Mr. Icy McSmexy is back! Yay!
cmaej chapter 47 . 10/5/2014
This chapter totally reminded me just how MUCH I SUCK AT BUILDING A SETTING! Seriously, good job. The time and place was clear, and I can easily envisioned it in my mind's eye, even as the place changed as the vehicle reached its destination.

Oho... Astra is back. I will admit, he's one of the few characters I need to complain about. I just wish he was more than some crazy guy hired to kill people. Maybe I just have a fetish for getting inside a villain's heads. lol
cmaej chapter 46 . 10/4/2014
Why am I getting Arctus/Mimi pairing vibes? It seems like he's trying to impress her. lol

Did Arctus just implied that he would throw Azure under the bus if it came to it? Granted, it doesn't make him a bad guy at all. Why should he get in trouble for Azure's involvement with R.A.I.N.? But still...

I suddenly remembered our talk about the Shakespearean names. I asked why Edmond wasn't Edmund (King Lear), and you said because Edmond wasn't involved with R.A.I.N. But Ophelia is a Shakespearean name... o.O
686 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »