Reviews for ORCHID
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 5 . 5/11
So far Tsukiko still not gaining any points with me but I know there's more to her than what's been shown. I want to like Ophelia but it just seems like she's the optimistic friend. I need more of her backstory. Thought this was going to be a simple chapter until the end. Always with the cliffhangers. Lol
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 4 . 5/10
It was a little jarring to start with that flashback. It seems like something that should have been done earlier in the story. But since it doesn't matter anymore I digress. I'm guessing Tsukiko is the type to be cold until Azure proves himself. She's slightly annoying as of now. Mimi could've been a little more appreciative but oh well. On to the next one.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 3 . 5/10
Ooooooooohhhhh shit! Was my initial reaction upon finishing this chapter. Lol. I know Mercutio is supposed to be a villain and I generally dislike people who talk like him but he's such a badass. However, as I hoped, Azure one upped him at the end. I know it can't be that simple but the fact that he did the deed so nonchalantly made it epic. Glad Mimi is okay. If I didn't have to work, I would sit here and read this all day.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 2 . 5/10
Pretty short chapter but full of mystery. Can't wait to see who the girl with black hair is. Also hope Mimi is okay. Guess I'll just have to read and find out.
Vio the Wandering Lover chapter 1 . 5/10
I'm surprised I've never read this before and lucky me that there's still so much more to go. Don't know what to say since I'm reading this extremely late. Oh well, I'm looking forward to this story so I'll just fanboy it up when something epic happens. Like exploding buildings with aristocrats in them. Hehehe.
Sephiria Evangeline chapter 4 . 2/1
Samuel... Epic older guys are epic :3

I don't know if it's just me, but occasionally your dialogue sounds ...unnatural(?) It's grammatically correct, but it occasionally somehow feels like it's been put through a translator at some point.

(meh, sorry it's such an iffy review DX )
Sephiria Evangeline chapter 1 . 2/1
I accidentally forgot about the adjective definition of "Halcyon" and completely expected to find a couple of colorful birds in this chapter *kicks self* lol

Great first chapter
I loved the pace in which elements of the story were introduced; particularly the pronoun game in the very beginning of the chapter and they way you introduced Azure and set his personality without spelling it out.

*excitedly clicks next*
Gracekim1 chapter 1 . 1/24
This is very good! I really enjoy it!;)
360pages chapter 2 . 12/21/2014
The first sentence seems strange to me, the use of semi-darkness feels out of place compared to the tone of this chapter. Which is legit dark, details are great despite the violence in the scene.
some1eleven chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
*wanders into ORCHID*

British Empire? Excuse me, I need to wipe off the drool from my chin *w* (How can a British Empire be a British Empire without India, though? It somehow sounds just... Alien ;] )

So many familiar names put in such unfamiliar contexts. Wellingtons. Kennedys. Not to mention, Abraham Lincoln on a throne _ ; I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must have felt for him. Did he establish a dynasty? I hope he did :)

So much information dropped in the subtext. It's only the first chapter, and we already know a lot about the geopolitics, social structure, important names and some of the important plot devices. I personally could use a little more mystery, but it's certainly a good move. I always felt it's only fair to give your readers a good idea of what kind of story they've stumbled upon, and this chapter does a great job on presenting some of the fundamental themes :]

Oh dear... You know you see a noveau aristocrat if they can't even punish a clumsy servant in an elegant manner that won't upset the other guests on a party ':} Talk about a social suicide, Wellington-san. Before the evening is over, everyone in the room will call you an uncultured brute behind your back. When among snobs, do as the snobs do * v * b

A few years back, one of my flatmates pointed out to me how they find it weird that I always speak of my parents as "father" and "mother" rather than "dad" and "mom". I feel that I understand what they meant after eavesdropping on Azure's phone talk 'X]
360pages chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
A rather quick first chapter. We are introduced to the characters and the locations fast, I wouldn't mind a little more build up. Not detail, those are perfectly fine, but just a set up to the scene. It all happens rather quickly and even though it's the first chapter I wouldn't mind being able to pin Azure's personality a little more.
Starart152 chapter 2 . 12/5/2014
This is another good chapter. The situation is currently confusing and doesn't seem to make since. I will not say it is bad since the situation seems chaotic.
Azure is lucky to still be alive and not killed by Macbeth troop.
Starart152 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
This is a nice way to start the chapter. The character are well presented at the beginning and I think their personality are interesting. Azure is an interesting character with the little information given right now.
cmaej chapter 52 . 10/16/2014
Wow.

This is one corrupt government if a businessman can just have his rival killed simply because he has enough money to get it done. But Azure kills in self-defense, and the military is all over his ass. Damn.

Sorry for the short review. I'm actually further ahead and I just want to catch up so I can get to ROSE.
cmaej chapter 51 . 10/16/2014
The thought of scaling the stairs of a skyscraper makes me want to vomit.

And Arctus... the smart guy who's secretly a closet perv. He represents so many RAOSCers, it's ridiculous. I am glad he let his feelings be known. I don't blame him, and I don't think his friends should be angry because he feels that way. He has a lot in common with Azure. He just wants peace for his family, but he found himself in some shit.

Here we go! Maybe Ryan will be an ass-pull and finally find his potential when it's needed most. lol
691 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »