Reviews for ORCHID
Starart152 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
This is a nice way to start the chapter. The character are well presented at the beginning and I think their personality are interesting. Azure is an interesting character with the little information given right now.
cmaej chapter 52 . 10/16/2014
Wow.

This is one corrupt government if a businessman can just have his rival killed simply because he has enough money to get it done. But Azure kills in self-defense, and the military is all over his ass. Damn.

Sorry for the short review. I'm actually further ahead and I just want to catch up so I can get to ROSE.
cmaej chapter 51 . 10/16/2014
The thought of scaling the stairs of a skyscraper makes me want to vomit.

And Arctus... the smart guy who's secretly a closet perv. He represents so many RAOSCers, it's ridiculous. I am glad he let his feelings be known. I don't blame him, and I don't think his friends should be angry because he feels that way. He has a lot in common with Azure. He just wants peace for his family, but he found himself in some shit.

Here we go! Maybe Ryan will be an ass-pull and finally find his potential when it's needed most. lol
cmaej chapter 50 . 10/16/2014
I forgot Ryan can't use mana, yet. Usually, the non-combat character has the brains to delegate. But not poor Ryan. It seems like you have something planned for him, though.

I also find it funny that Astra is the boss. He seems like the guy who is so crazy, that he works alone. And only those who are really desperate to get the job done will deal with him because his skills are legendary. Who in their right mind would follow a guy who talks in third person, anyway? lol
cmaej chapter 49 . 10/5/2014
You sure have a knack for making readers fell sorry for the unimportant, background characters. R.I.P., secretary in the red dress.

That prick Nathaniel... The nerve of him to talk shit to his elders. You would think he was better bred, even if Dunbarton is a rival. Let's hurry up and get to some ass-whooping!
cmaej chapter 48 . 10/5/2014
Wow. You know what? I part where you mentioned that Samuel disappeared behind a newspaper while Azure and his father left the car stood out to me, for some reason. Now I understand the significance of him being left behind while the father and son left on a wild goose chase. I honestly thought shit was going to go down for Azure's friends back home, but now they must be the heroes.

And my favorite minor character Mr. Icy McSmexy is back! Yay!
cmaej chapter 47 . 10/5/2014
This chapter totally reminded me just how MUCH I SUCK AT BUILDING A SETTING! Seriously, good job. The time and place was clear, and I can easily envisioned it in my mind's eye, even as the place changed as the vehicle reached its destination.

Oho... Astra is back. I will admit, he's one of the few characters I need to complain about. I just wish he was more than some crazy guy hired to kill people. Maybe I just have a fetish for getting inside a villain's heads. lol
cmaej chapter 46 . 10/4/2014
Why am I getting Arctus/Mimi pairing vibes? It seems like he's trying to impress her. lol

Did Arctus just implied that he would throw Azure under the bus if it came to it? Granted, it doesn't make him a bad guy at all. Why should he get in trouble for Azure's involvement with R.A.I.N.? But still...

I suddenly remembered our talk about the Shakespearean names. I asked why Edmond wasn't Edmund (King Lear), and you said because Edmond wasn't involved with R.A.I.N. But Ophelia is a Shakespearean name... o.O
cmaej chapter 45 . 10/4/2014
So, R.A.I.N. is a fake terrorist group who's purpose is to scare the people and make them favor the military over the Regents. MacBeth's subordinates, however, truly think that they are fighting against a corrupt government, when they are in fact being used by it. orz

That's pretty fucked up because the first scene makes me think that Gina and the others see Macbeth as a father figure. Speaking of Macbeth, I feel like there is a small chance that he will warn them instead of lead them to a trap. He's just using that poker face. lol

Either that, for Patterson will speak up later.

As for the reluctance to arrest Azure, I'm sure that the fact that he's a hero is part of the reason. Arresting him so close to the coup will definitely make the people suspicious.
cmaej chapter 44 . 10/3/2014
It makes me wonder if Azure understood that it wasn't his skin color that got him adopted. Was the reason why he was picked explained to him, or is this a foreshadow to it? When Hayes mentioned that he was being used as a pawn, it must mean that there is something that Azure that hasn't been revealed, yet. I'm sure it's connected to his ability to survive that mana-overload incident.
Lolitroy chapter 29 . 8/14/2014
1) Something really creepy happened right now and I was sure I read this chapter in spanish. To quote you: Da hell.

2) I know Azure isn't Indian, but I picture him as one. Always. Even with the accent.

3) 669 REVIEWS. LOOK AT THE LAST TWO DIGITS. THIS ISN'T OVER, BWAHAHA!
Miles Montgomery chapter 64 . 8/8/2014
Ooh. I can barely wait :D
Y. S. Wong chapter 63 . 7/10/2014
Hi Lolitroy.
Lolitroy chapter 28 . 6/16/2014
The fat elite. Quite literally.
I can't stop wondering why all high-class people seem to be arrogant stuck-up brats. Reminds me of good old school days. And Azure's reaction is always pretty much the same. Not that I blame him.
Dat Nathaniel. Someone just kill him already. Seriously.

Por Octavius. No one recognizes his hotness ;-;

I think I've said it before, but the whole fantasy element gives a nice touch to the story. Y'know, all politics and them comes good old mana. Nice development with Gina, by the way.
Lolitroy chapter 27 . 6/16/2014
I find it ironic how Azure was so loathing of R.A.I.N. at firest and now he... well. He's in for a spanking when Tsukiko discovers him right in the act.

Favorite characters so far:
1) Definitely Mercutio. He's just too eccentric to not be noticed.
2) Tsukiko after the whole incident where Azure found out *SPOILERS*
3) Forsythe's secretary. Now I want to see more of her.
709 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »