Reviews for Going
Keith Keitherson chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
so sad... but also hauntingly true
TheGlycoprotein chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
The imagery and the pace and flow of this is completely entrancing. My favourite lines had to be "No more beginnings or endings," and "It'll all be gone tomorrow, because we are all going." Nice job, as always :D
Ygg chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Such a depressing read! I like your poetic style, but the message is too dark for me to accept. Life is what you make of it.. some prefer to live their lives hidden in the herd, eventually regretting that they haven't followed their lifelong dreams enough; others prefer to live their lives to the fullest or to genuinely live their OWN life instead of becoming one more bleak, social mask in the monstrously but fundamentally weak and dehumanized structure we call "society". The impermanence of all things may be both terrifying and exalting but it is our capacity to overcome our mental struggle with both sides that leads to a much, mĂșch more satisfying life. Eventually it is all up to us and the choices we make. These choices might eventually come to determine how deeply we can truly love this world and let go of our attachments to many of the superficial mental constructions currently shattering the world like some undiagnosed pandemic. The love I mean is not to be understood in some romantic ideal perse, but more as a continuous struggle with light and dark forces to understand them, live them so we can outgrow these conflicts, thereby enabling us to show genuine compassion for our fellow human beings. Each of us has the capacity to lead a fundamentally wholesome life and to leave a permanent imprint in the course of this world, not by engaging in some socio-political scheme but by cultivating a sense of deeply rooted humanity, compassion, tolerance and forgiveness towards others that will transform us into humble beacons of light. Such a life is something entirely different than a life filled with regrets and sorrows over the unlived potential hidden away because we chose to remain safely in the shadow of the herd.
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I have felt like this and so many have. Nice piece!
BookcraZzaY chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
It's really sad and depressing thinking that everything we achieve can just go away. I watched lance Armstrongs Oprah interview about half an hour ago and thinking back on that I understand that last part more. I know it's not about it's Such a sad emotionional poem and I can just imagine tears comming from the first few lines. I really love it-I love that's it deep and extremely sad and the words make it seem like your caving in. It's just the words each and every one of them that make this such a story and poem.
Naver chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
That's true. I like the picture. I really enjoyed the words and the flow. It made me think of rain washing dirt off of something.
luti chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
oooh, right in the feels. numb is an odd state of living. i really enjoyed this! :)
DarkInkyDreamer chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Beautiful poetry, as always, this made me cry a little I love it!

xx
Wonder46 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I love how well this portrays being hollow and blank. The wording is perfect, as usual. :)
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Oh My God! I love John Green, I'm going to see him in February! Can't wait!
You're poem is beautiful, it's heartbreaking, just like the book.
You've summed up all the feelings perfectly. This was beautiful. Amazing job, you should be so proud!
SunsetSprite chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Very powerful! It really is! It also has this certain flow to it! XD Keep it up!