Reviews for IntoTheWoods dot com
Ajvanho Rgx chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
It was a pleasure to read, honestly, u have talent for writing. I my self don't have the talent like you or any great writter here. I have read other your stories also, and I am impresed.
Unweighted Book Author chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
The simplicity of the story rather stood out to me, and I have to say that I really liked that because this is supposed to be an adaptation of a fairy tale. One of the hallmarks of fairy tales is their simplicity, and I think that it was a good idea to go with a story that replicates that kind of characteristic.

In much the same way, just like a fairy tale, it's short and sweet and accomplishes what it sets out to do. Also worth mentioning is that you were able to convert the main danger presented by the original story into a child predator that is something that is very much a real concern in modern times, and I do think that's worth commending. The motifs of the story stand out clearly too despite no overly obvious references to the original story, so good job on that.

My only criticism is that you've had to stretch the suspension of disbelief a little far in order to make the story work. It's a bit difficult to believe that Rosie's parents could be so neglecting and allow her to not only join a dating site, but also to leave the house on her own. I understand that there are many possible explanations for these, but you didn't really include any. Of course, if you did, you'd have to use more words and detract from the main core of the story, but I feel it would have been worth it to include just three to four lines' worth of exposition to explain away these problems.
Shampoo Suicide chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
"Scream stab the dead air, unheard over the traffic. There is nothing we can do for her now."

I loved this line. I enjoyed this story, and read it because the folk to contemporary device intrigued me. I realized pretty early in that it would be a remix of Little Red Riding Hood, but still found the ending to be well written enough to shock. I love (probably the wrong word, given his evil nature) the idea that he's been doing this repeatedly, a predator addicted to flesh of young girls and constantly chasing that high. Great job with this.
professional griefer chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Just a nitpick before I get to the review: [Scream stab the dead air, unheard over the traffic.] I think you mean 'screams'. Also, in the sentence after that, you used 'we', which seemed a bit odd to me, considering that this is in third person. You have some odd tense switches as well, mainly towards the end.
Okay, well, I really loved the idea of this. You managed really well to take the whole fishy online dating thing and add werewolves (I think) to it. You made all of it convinving and intriguing, I really wanted to keep reading due to its fast pace.
What I didn't like was Rosie's age. Eleven seems far too young to be on a dating site, it was really unbelievable and turned me off from the start-I would consider making her older. But, on the other hand, it lent a certain tragedy to the story too, that she died so young.
Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
this is at once eerie and heartbreaking as well as beautiful and poignant.
great job:) it was a pleasure to read!