Reviews for Hope in the Strangest Places
TS Conlon chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This was a very interesting concept, one that I will certainly continue to read. The amazing thing about fantasy whatever the author wants, it can happen. Take dragons for instance: There are stories where the dragons are only animals, others that give those dragons the ability to communicate, and then there are stories that allow the dragons to emote. I believe your story is the latter. I like the dragons. I like their personalities. I like how they interact with one another, like potential friends and allies in an untrusting world.

I do have a few questions though, and I think that, as an introduction chapter, they you and the story would benefit from answering them. Firstly, when the dragons talk, are they speaking English or are they communicated telepathically? Also, how are they able to know human slang and idioms and contractions? As for the humans, how technologically advanced are they? There was talk about planes (which I can assume are airplanes) and yet Gri claim to use arrows to hold off Bloodhawk. Will this be explained later?

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't comment on your prose, which seems confused at times. Clearly it is written in omniscient third person, where we know the thoughts of all the characters. However, it confuses me sometimes when two different characters thoughts and actions are displayed in the same paragraph. Also I find that you toggle between past tense and present tense in the prose as well.

Thank you, and I look forward to reading more of the Land of Eden.
Rumors of War chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I lile this, very interesting with dragons, I read several books in the past, Terry Brooks, David Weber, Elizabeth Haydon among others who have delt with dragons with personalities, you're really on to something here, keep it up, very unique premise.