Reviews for The Darkness Beyond
Hope chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
Oh boy! Another chapter! Just as interesting as the others, and, in my inexperienced opinion, as well written. I'm really liking this story!
Hope chapter 11 . 6/6/2013
... Woah!
Guest chapter 9 . 5/18/2013
Loving this! I can't wait to see what happens when Avaln finds out what Amber has done, or how she handles Mirain. You do a great job keeping the suspense up!
LadyKryptonite chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
I find this fic equal parts intriguing and frustrating. As a human with a rather over-inflated ego, it's hard to wrap my mind around the concept of there being another world immensely more dangerous and powerful than ours, and reading about Amber's feelings of weakness and how truly feeble she is compared to the otherworlders invokes a sort of desperation for her to gain some semblance of control. Kudos to you, for making me anxious on the behalf of a fictional character.
On the other hand, I absolutely love it; the plot, the characters, everything. Avaln is the type of character I liked to doodle in my school textbooks after my Twilight faze; British, ponytail wearin', ridiculously dapper vampire with a healthy(or not) dash of badassery. Though my inner feminist dragon roars at his treatment of Amber, his arrogance (rightly earned, you dashing vampire you) and possessiveness is rather... well... charming in an odd, spectator sort of way.
To boot, I love all the folklore gone into this and with each new monster-thing I find myself opening a google tab and reading the whole Wikipedia page. Not sure if you just knew these creatures off the top of your head or did some research but they're fascinating and a good touch, especially the lesser known ones (changelings, ect.)
Personally felt like the story ran a little fast at the beginning, having a couple opening paragraphs before leaping into action, but it slowed down quickly and explained it well enough that it was of no consequence anyways. Really enjoying reading your work, I'll definitely be following this one.
Hopeful chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
Yay! A new chapter! I really like how you make Avaln a safe, yet unsafe character. He isn't all mushy, lovey-dovey, falling at her feet, willing to do ANYTHING for her, but he isn't stone cold, entirely ignoring her either. Sorry, I'm not very good at describing what I mean. :/ Can't wait for more!
Hopeful chapter 4 . 3/22/2013
Absolutely love this story! I can not wait for more! I hope you have enjoyed writing as much as I've enjoyed reading it.
Glissoning Raven chapter 3 . 3/9/2013
Very interesting and unique storyline. I can't wait to read more.
-Raven-