Reviews for Pass and Stow
theblindwriter95 chapter 2 . 1/26/2013
Awesome job! The late 1700s is one of my favorite time periods to explore. I really hope that you'll continue this story.
YellowWomanontheBrink chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Big brat? Damn, I commend her mother for not slapping her right then an there! Lord knows I would have that sort of patience to deal with bullshit like that from a spoiler teenage girl. T_T
However, take no offense! This doesn't mean o auteur your character, I mean shes going on a potentially fatal six month -to year long journey to a dangerous new world, against her will.
Hope I don't sound like I'm being demanding, but I think it would be great if :his was not too fast paced -I.e. she shouldn't be loving her life in America in three days and a patriot in a month. And it would be really cliche if she started questioning her loyalties because of a boy she fell in love with or something; it should be her own ethical debate as she witnesses tense events unfolding around her. That would definitely ne a historical fic worth reading. ;)
Of course, I wouldn't turn down a well written cliche either xD. But imagine if used in a new way.
I feel so sorry for that poor maid. Is she a slave? (Basically, is she black?) Or is she just an indentured servant for hire? That's the only question I have, make sure you describe your characters in future chapters so readers can have an actual visualization of who they are reading about...
That's all...I think...
I hope you post the second chapter soon! Good luck in all future writing endeavors!
YellowWomanontheBrink