Reviews for Painting By Numbers
Beltaine von Ravencroft chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This is a wonderful poem. The words are very striking and engaging.

Keep writing
True Talker chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
This is interesting. Why? Because when you write this it makes me think of Numerology. However that is each letter is a number that are added together to get the sum - which has meaning.

That is sad that you had cried. Really. Why did you cry? I am asking because I CARE. SERIOUSLY I DO.

You are NOT alone. You may think that you are - you may feel that you are. However TRUST ME I DON'T want You to be alone. SERIOUSLY.
JellicleJuggalo chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I've got so many tabs open, the title is abbreviated (quite appropriately) to "Pain...". It starts off quite simply, introducing the theme on Blue, which hasn't got much on its own, but sets the tone perfectly. The contrast achieved by using innocent, childlike imagery of painting by numbers to describe mature, painful imagery makes the poem that little bit more shocking as it leads the reader through what sounds like grief, addiction, prostitution, and death. The simple imagery tells a story, from beginning to unfortunate end. Beautiful, brutal, concise, and complete. Keep up the good work! Cheers!