Reviews for Transparency
Aela the Huntress chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
This is awesome! As always, your way of describing characters and situations is excellent!
Derpina96 chapter 7 . 8/27/2013
ughh i love this story please keep writing it may the ... inspiration be with you .. or whatever .. ok bye!
Irony'sFriend chapter 15 . 4/8/2013
I'm so glad to be reading this again! Especially now since things are getting so exciting at this point, in more ways than one!

That moment when Claire was playing Charlie's favorite song with Charlie silently watching... It was so beautiful that I felt choked up with emotion. I mean, how perfect was that! Layla knew; she felt it, too. And the drawing of Charlie and Layla was just the final touch to possibly my favorite scene in the whole story.

I kind of feel bad for Mike, but at the same time, I really don't like him. Not for any particular reason. I just ship Charlie/Layla too much to even tolerate another character with a crush. Still, I do feel a little sorry for him. I can only imagine how much it must hurt to open up like that only to face rejection. Unfortunately, he is not Charlie, so I really don't care as much as I probably should. Charlie and Layla forever!

A wonderful chapter to kick off the story again! There's still so much I'm looking forward to. I mean, how are they supposed to fight death? Can this story have a happy ending? Seriously though, they can't really be together unless Layla dies, too, so I have no idea what you're planning. Update soon!
Irony'sFriend chapter 14 . 3/3/2013
That last part gave me chills! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. The ending was pure, solid epicness. Seriously, how do you pack that kind of raw emotion into a chapter?

It's so great to see how their relationship has evolved. I mean, they've gone from strangers to timid friends to close friends to would-be-lovers! Well, not /lover/ lovers, but in a relationship.. You get what I mean. It was just cool to travel with them on that journey.

And now the good stuff will start happening! They are the star-crossed heroes against the ultimate enemy! I'm so excited, and even though I'm not the one taking them, I hate your midterms -_-
Irony'sFriend chapter 13 . 3/3/2013
Awwwh! :] I just love how this happened. When Layla offered to give Claire piano lessons, my heart warmed. I didn't know how you were going to have Layla offer her services, but that was adorable.

I thought you characterized Beverly very well in the situation. Her suspicion, sadness, and later gratefulness were executed in a clear way that I felt was very realistic. Way to go there!

And Charlie's presence is there! I'm so excited to see what happens next! I have so many questions... Where was Charlie? How will he show himself to Layla? What's going to happen now? Suspense!
Tauria chapter 13 . 2/18/2013
Aww... This is so sweet! Sad, but sweet.

I think it'll be wonderful to see the piano lessons with Claire . I love the characters in this :) They're all so wonderful!
Irony'sFriend chapter 12 . 2/13/2013
I like how this chapter is a bit of a lull in the action. A lot happened in the last chapter, and I have a feeling a lot will happen in the next one, so this serves as a nice way for the reader to catch her breath. It's also a good opportunity to show how Charlie's ordeal appeared to everyone else.

I wonder... Where is Charlie now? Is he having to escape? What will happen with Layla's visit to his family? So many questions!

You're definitely a good story-teller! Everything about each chapter encourages to read more. I look forward to see what happens next, so update soon please!
Irony'sFriend chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
Sorry, my review posted early :( I guess that's the trouble with using a phone instead of a computer. Anyway, this is basically what I was trying to say:

Charlie's narration put everything into perspective, so the reader finally understands that night. You handled it very well.

Also, that last part! Wow, the hot, burning hand on his ankle, the flickering lights, the fallen tv - it all worked together to form the perfect horror scene. But what will happen next? How is Layla supposed to save him from Death? I must know! On the edge of my seat!
Irony'sFriend chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
Whoa! First off, I'm really glad to find out how in the world Charlie ended up at that party. At first, I had no idea how someone like Charlie would have been somewhere like that, but the way you ex
Irony'sFriend chapter 10 . 2/10/2013
This chapter has made a good weekend into a perfect one. It's just so freaking adorable! It's funny and sweet and supernatural, and its just everything I could want in a story!

Charlie and Layla's growing friendship is the coolest thing ever. They're both so happy and close, in their own little way. I mean, secret conversations in the bathroom? How cute! I loved when Charlie was teasing/talking to her about Mike, and it was adorable when he didn't seem to realize that she actually had to go to the bathroom in the bathroom XD

And Layla's group of friends is really cool. Each one is so different, yet they get along wonderfully. How cool is that! I'm glad they had that friendly hang out. And Harrison and Mindy are cute :]

It's so great to read the story again. I just love everything about it :)
Perdu chapter 11 . 2/10/2013
Bwah, I've been reading this since there were only five chapters, so I figured I should stop being lazy and review :)! I don't see why this story doesn't have more reviews (unless people are lazy like me, haha), it's quite riveting! Both Charlie and Layla are so sweet. I find it a nice break from those wishy-washy girls with their love-hate relationships and the guys that are simply hot jerks.

Bottom line, this story has me checking for updates every few days, and I'll be looking forward to the next!
cerulean sea chapter 9 . 2/4/2013
This story vaguely reminds me of Susie Q. I like it a lot so far. :) I hope you continue because I can't wait to see what happens next.
Irony'sFriend chapter 9 . 2/3/2013
I think it's so beautiful when two people can spend an entire night talking, and somehow, it's even better when one is a ghost. Their friendship is such a lovely thing. Seriously, I'm almost envious of the special bond they hold.

True, this chapter may not have been your best work, but it is far from bad! I would be proud to have written something like this! And I have no doubt that it will be truly amazing once you edit it :)

Also, Charlie's back story was very touching. It makes me sad to think that so much hardship could fall on one family, but I know that it happens everyday. I hope Layla does something to help them in her own way... Anonymous donation or something?

Either way, this story just gets better with each chapter :) I can't wait for the next installment, so update soon!
myheart4you chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
This is really good... I don't usually like supernatural stuff, but I can tell I'll like this one.
I feel so bad for Layla :( I wonder why she blames herself... I guess I'll have to read more to find out!
KnifeInTheCrayonBox chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Another great chapter! I think you captured the grief she's going through really well. The stages, and all the vaious emotions and such, all in one chapter! You did a lot of backstory in this chapter, but it wasn't dull like some stories tend to be when they dive into the character's background. It was interesting and I think it really helped with understanding Layla better.

Still wondering about the mystery though. I feel kinda like the mom, I wanna know how Charlie died too! I wonder if this is one of those stories where you don't find out what exactly happened until, like, the last chapter or something. Eh, I guess I'll find out! :)