Reviews for PunchKick
C chapter 4 . 7/18/2014
YAY! I am so happy to see that this story has not been abandoned. I find the characters to be very interesting, and their salt & pepper style relationship entertaining due to how different the two of them are. I am not as surprised as I ought to be to learn that Ennis has OCD, and that Devlin possess what-might-be sociopathic tendencies. Eep! But its learning of these characteristics that helps to flesh these two out into characters that I continue to want to read more of. Good work, madam!
Mandy S. Bryan chapter 4 . 5/14/2014
Sounds interesting how you continue
SprayBeats chapter 4 . 4/27/2014
You are now officially my favourite author in fictionpress. I absolutely love this story and the sexual tension between Ennis and Devlin. Now that they are stick together I can't wait to read how their relationship will evolve (slowly...). I thought that The crypt under shadow avenue had become my top can't-wait-for-an-update-story but apparently it has to settle for the second place after this. It'd be great if this was also a looong story.
WritesForever chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
Oh my... Where to begin? Your grammar and spelling is pretty much perfect. It's always nice to see an author that can spell on FictionPress; they're hard to find.
The idea of this story is really good, as well. I'm not usually interested in sci-fi, but yours really held me. Post-apocalyptic stories are also great, too. Ennis seems like a likeable character if he doesn't get burnt to a crisp. I'm definitely going to read the rest of what you have on this and I really hope you don't abandon this. It's really a great read. :)
CanaryChirp chapter 3 . 11/7/2013
I like this story! Devlin is already my favorite - can't resist such a badass.
BlueAtNoon chapter 3 . 6/28/2013
I hope you won't abandon this! It looks really interesting so far.
SmileyfaceGurl chapter 3 . 4/6/2013
What...No more!? *Cry's self to sleep*
tihagro chapter 3 . 3/10/2013
Oh this has so much potential, oh my! Can't wait to see where it's heading.
c chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
The story line is great so far! The characters so far appear very interesting in their sheer contrast of personalities. I believe Devline will end up my favorite since he reminds me of Simon, who I adore; slightly mentally unbalanced wild boys are just cool. Have you read RoughDraftHero's "Necropolis?" This setting is vaugely similar-the protagonists in particular-to your work and it's a wonderful ongoing read. Keep up yje awesome work!
thecat111 chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
In my mind, Ennis is a proper turn of the century British lad and Devlin is a 90s grunge street punk. :D Just how my mind works I guess. The fight scene was really long and I kind of got a little lost with it, but I liked it. I'd really like to get to some plot though. Hopefully that'll happen in the next chapter.
Crimson Warrior chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
NOOOOOOO! HOW CAN YOU LEAVE IT THERE?! :'(
thecat111 chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Haha! Devlin is such a rooster! Putting on a big act that ultimately sums up to nothing. But I like him. He's so messed up and crass and basically everything Ennis is not. His point of view seems a lot more natural than Ennis'. This chapter flowed better than the last. It was a little slow at first, but I really warmed up to Devlin. Heh. He tried so hard in the beginning to seem like a badass, but he really isn't. I'm really looking forward to this now. I'm also curious to see how you're going to pull off the multiple POVs without making the whole story seem repetitive.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This is really interesting! The conversation was a tad stilted at first but it smoothed over pretty quickly once they arrived. I'm excited to see more.
thecat111 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I think I like it so far. Ennis seems very detached and clinical though. He never really showed much emotion until the end. Like he said he cared for his crew but he guy seems to have some major emotional walls up. And the beginning was a bit of an info dump, so that was kinda boring. I fell like you could have introduced all of that stuff slower and that would've given the story more tension. Oh, and I noticed that Ennis didn't use a lot of contractions in his point of view. Was that a stylistic choice? He seems younger that his twenties. If you hadn't given me an age I would've guessed 18 or 19 at most. But it's only the first chapter and I want to see what comes next! Overall, I like the new concept and will definitely check up on this story from time to time.