Reviews for Kill Me For Music
Mylilblackpen chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This is like music to my ears, ahem, excuse the pun. The imagery is wonderful and makes me think of how powerful music can be if it affects someone so deeply. The flow is beautiful and I partically like the last 2 lines ("And I fall, lifeless/At your feet) - beautiful. As for the choice in words very clever, because I feel like the word 'torn' shows the force in which the tears were shed in and 'nothing' shows the distance between the speaker/listener and the artist. Beautiful piece as always. Brilliant as always!
True Talker chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
This makes me think. Then concerned for the one who wrote this. It just does.
tolerate chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I like how you wrote 'torn' instead of 'fell' when you were talking about tears. It came me the impression that it was forced, like you were forced into this situation where those tears would be inevitable and it felt as though it was ripped out from your eyes. 'Blood bound by salt', I think you were trying to say that the wounds hurt? I get that adding salt to wounds that still have blood flowing out would hurt, but I don't know if you meant it that way. The last three lines of stanza one, was just a little cliched.

I love stanza two. You mentioned claws, so I imagined a reaper/skeleton arm strumming at your heart strings (and in this case, it was red all over - your strings were white). It's like your body opened up and I could see your insides, and all there was inside were just those strings that he played louder and louder.

Stanza three and four speak for themselves. The poem makes me think of pain as a performance, and when it's done, you're done too. Good imagery.