Reviews for Roses so Pale Hiatus
Guest chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
I hate Heinrich
Leasah chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
I'm loving the tranquility of it all and preparing myself for the war to start, haha.

Loved this chapter. Both their feelings are described very well. I can understand how both of them feel about their relationship. I could imagine the kind of sight they were looking at at the end of the chapter. That part of Europe is so beautiful. Loved their moment there.

Also, thank you for updating! I hope you find time to update again soon. :)
IridescentSoul chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
YES FINALLY, AN UPDATE!
I hope Cora becomes even more nice to him eventually & that they stay strong. Keep it up!
DeathtoBella chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
I'm guilty of being a bit (okay total) ghost when it comes to the whole reviewing thing. So forgive me if this is really awkward because I'm rusty.
When you didn't update for what seemed like forever (I'm sure you have your reasons) I lost hope. It's really hard to find good historical fiction for some reason. There's you and that girl who does the Attenborough trilogy and the civil war story, and yeah that's it. This genre needs more writers! It's like the 8th of 9th biggest one. And what the fuck is up with "general" being number one?! WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? What makes a story "general"? Is it just about some totally normal person who does totally normal things? Who would write that? Don't even get me started on having an "anime" section.
Wow, Ginnie this is why you shouldn't review things. You go on a totally random tangent and scare the author away.

ABOUT THE STORY (I put that in caps so you could skip over that mess up top) I really like it! I actually care about what's going to happen to these characters when WWI comes along. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Cora and Heinrich.
Please keep updating this story because I feel it has great potential and I'd be heart broken if you gave up on it.
EverAfterGirl chapter 6 . 7/7/2013
I'm glad that you updated. I love this story! It's more realistic than most.
reviwer chapter 5 . 3/23/2013
i love heinrich. he is soooo sweet i just want to grab cora and shake some sense into her! Update soon:D
reviewer chapter 3 . 3/23/2013
i wouldnt mind marrying Heinrich:D he's adorable:)
Grace chapter 5 . 2/11/2013
I really like your story so far.. I can understand Coras conflicted feelings and her reluctance to the marriage and her situation.. she felt compelled to accept because she really had very few options available to her.. her relatives in Germany would shun her if she really refused the marriage.. she did what she deemed to be reasonable and expected.. but whilst she understands social and family values and expectations for the time I feel within her lies a very modern independent woman.. being coerced into marriage especially someone i doubt she would have previously considered doesnt feel right or natural.. shes not comfortable as it isnt right.. her mind and heart are conflicted.. she doesnt want to hurt or hate anyone and she is sensible.. her common sense its telling her to be reasonable.. see the positives.. be realistic.. be calm.. but she has moments were she knows her real heart and feelings about everything especially whilst everyone is appearing to be considerate towards her and acknowledge her feelings no one is really doing so.. if they do they dont really do enough, they all being selfish in certain ways, without consciously being aware of it and when they do they try to rationalise their thoughts.
Leasah chapter 5 . 2/11/2013
I'm very curious how their relationship will progress. I hope Heinrich is really the adorable man he seems to be and that Cora will eventually be able to love him. Can't wait to see how the war will affect them and how they will come out of it.

Love the characters.
csorciere chapter 5 . 2/10/2013
I do feel rather bad for both of them. Although, I have to say Cora doesn't seem to be trying very hard. Heinrich really is trying, and he's so happy, and I do believe he loves her already. I just wish that Cora wouldn't be thinking about all of the negatives and how it is not what she wanted. Sure she would have lost everything, but she could have defied her father. Heinrich was as mislead as she was, and although he didn't just let her go, he is doing his best to give her what he thinks any wife would want.

The chapter isn't bad, but doesn't generate quite the emotion for me as the previous ones. Although, I definitely chuckled when he told her, ""It's g-going to d-d-do a lot mmmore than t-touch you". Typing a stutter must be a little frustrating, I know it would frustrate me. I do look forward to more.
Prodigee123 chapter 5 . 2/10/2013
update
Prodigee123 chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
Aw! They are too cute)
csorciere chapter 4 . 2/8/2013
So far, this is a rather sweet story. I get a little aggravated with Cora, though I understand her position. I find Heinrich absolutely adorable. I really hope he does not get hurt in this though I suspect he will as part of the conflict.
Leasah chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
This is soooo sweeet! I'm loving this story. I love the characters. In a previous chapter you asked if Cora was being a bitch. I would like to say that no, she wasn't, seeing how she was forced into this situation. Her father sent her to marry Heinrich, without even telling her! When reading the first chapter, I found it kind of romantic when thinking about Heinrich's point of view, though.

I really hope she grows to love Heinrich. His character has such deep personality and I would love to know more about it.

I can't wait to see how this story unfolds. I really like your writing style also. :)
IridescentSoul chapter 4 . 2/4/2013
You are so awesome! Two updates in one week?! Beautiful! I really like the progress & how real it is. Keep it up!
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »