Reviews for The Wasteland
Ygg chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Powerfully haunting and well written! Perhaps it seems the world is heading that way by our society's excesses, but we seem to forget that society is basically us, you and I. Each of us has the power to facilitate enduring change, like a small ball of snow ever growing bigger as it falls towards the deep valleys. Unfortunately we rarely dare to stick our heads above the safe herd, afraid to loose everything while at the same time we could gain everything. Political decisions may lead to conflicts, wars and even global catastrophes, but the hope for humanity, our true hope stems from our individual actions and our ability to overcome our ego-driven motivations at any time to show some genuine humanity, some genuine compassion, tolerance, forgiveness and kindness to others. At any time we have that power to change, no matter where we stand. If there will be a wasteland, it will only be within our own souls.
My.Writing.Is.My.Amulet chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I agree. :( The "deadly silence reigns" was so powerful, like the silence is the king ruling over the desolate land. Great job!