Reviews for Take My Pride
Naime Namei chapter 37 . 4/24
One word to describe the whole story but mostly the epilogue: 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww'
morningstorm70 chapter 10 . 3/27
This is like my 3rd 4th time reading this definitely one of my favs
Just wanted you to know
sugarjet chapter 37 . 7/31/2014
Another wonderful story. I can not begin to describe how much I love your writing.
Seraera chapter 37 . 7/30/2014
Well, I think I have completed all your stories. This one is my favorite out of all of them. I guess I kind of thought that I would love 366 days because it's the one you published but, this and Abomination were my favorites. Well the reason why I loved this one? Corey and Mitch are so well fleshed out and the back and forth of I love him but he doesn't really love me, was just enough not be annoying at parts. The reason I might like this story more is because I have some weird fascination with sex worker stories.
Shame-On-A-Conquered-King chapter 37 . 6/21/2014
Wow. That was ... Wow!
I really like your writing! The oneshots and the long stories are really good.
maxe chapter 37 . 5/31/2014
THIS STORY IS SO DAMN PRECIOUS TO ME
SamyJo10 chapter 36 . 5/12/2014
Well, since Mitch refused to, I cried a little for him. THAT WAS SO FUCKING CUTE. And really funny too. Corey has a way if being adorable and inappropriate simultaneously. XD I love those boys too much to express.
Question, though: isn't 7 years too long for how long Corey's parents waited for reconciliation? Cuz Corey is 24 and was 19 when that went down, according to the story.
I'm glad that they're at the show, though, and that Mitch is, too. :)
(PS How exactly is Corey going Mitch a blowjob a way to calm him down and solve any problem but Mitch's own desire? XD)
SamyJo10 chapter 34 . 5/12/2014
YAY! I'm glad that worked out! I'm just dropping a quick comment to get to the me t chapter, but I wanted to say I'm really happy about it :) They're all so cute and I any wait to see how they live together, especially when Corey tells Mitch about how he made up with his parents. :3 (If he ever remembers to..)
SamyJo10 chapter 30 . 5/12/2014
Okay, here's my biggest problem with their split: besides the part about Corey's birth mom (which he shouldn't have such a problem with cuz then he wouldn't have been born), the reaction to Corey being mad at his adoptive parents is ridiculous. I get it, it hurts in comparison to where Mitch is standing, but someone in life will ALWAYS have it worse (until you get to the very bottom, but that's a technicality) or just as bad. But that doesn't mean an individual can't feel hurt, betrayed, or upset. With Corey growing up in the safety net he did, finding out his parents never bothered to tell him something that important changes his entire world and he loses that base trust that all kids come with as a default in their parents. He's allowed to be upset! (Maybe not for as long, but everyone comes to terms with things at different rates.) As for his real mom, well, for most people that is something to look down on. But the beautiful thing about his relationship with Mitch is that he can learn to appreciate her and where he came from. He just needs to make up with his parents and talk it out with Mitch.
I'm sorry I got all ranty. I hate it when people lack perspective. And I tend to treat characters like they're real people and I'm hearing their story through a friend, or they are my friends and I have to put up with their ignorant crap.
Now I need to see how they're going to fix this and cry over Mitch shutting down and going back!
SamyJo10 chapter 29 . 5/12/2014
I have one response: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
Ahem.. Sorry.

But seriously, Corey gave up on them because of /that/? Very prick-worthy. Mitch may have overreacted a but there, but it was justified.
SamyJo10 chapter 25 . 5/12/2014
Hahaha Oh my, I don't think I've ever read something so awkward/embarrassing before, and I've read a lot of those types of things. XDD I don't blame your writing skills at all, that's just me in a nut-shell.
Man, you really can't help but love Corey. As ridiculous and stupid as he is, he has a way of worming his way into your affections. I already really like and understood from the get-go, so no problems there. I just love these characters! XD
SamyJo10 chapter 24 . 5/12/2014
The only proper response I have to this chapter:
:3 :D :3 :( DX :3 :DD :33
Like that made much sense.. XD
SamyJo10 chapter 22 . 5/12/2014
That ending shouldn't have made me giggle in happiness, but it did. :3 I like this side of Mitch, illogical as it is. Corey could definitely have had more tact with Lance kissing him, but it /is/ Corey after all.
SamyJo10 chapter 20 . 5/11/2014
I'm so torn! On the one hand, it's really fucked up and I don't think Mitch should have to forgive him, cuz there really is not excuse for cheating. On the other, I can see how Corey needed that break, even if he /really/ didn't need to have sex with the guy to get it; and for Mitch, this really is the best chance he has with his situation, so I want that for him. But DAMMIT that sucks. It's a really good thing thi is fiction...
Also, I seriously love Amanda. She's the best kind of person, in my opinion. :)
SamyJo10 chapter 19 . 5/11/2014
*deep breathes and chants* 'I will not be upset. I will not be upset. I will not overreact in my frustration. I will not overreact. My heart will not bleed for Mitch. I will not mentally slap Corey. This isn't irredeemable.'
BUT HOLY SHIT DO I WANT TO DO THOSE THINGS. *deep breath* I'm totally calm. Soooo calm..
311 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »