Reviews for Take My Pride
Skyless11 chapter 6 . 3/11/2013
This was bound to happen...
And hmmm :-? the story is pretty slow, but I guess you intend to make it stable and well detailed this way :-? we understand each of the main characters better and when the action itself starts unfolding we will have a better grasp of the situation. xD still, kinda frustrating xD I have a general idea of what is going to happen, but seeing it's still not happening is throwing me off xD Though I see the necessity of postponing and building the base I still like their stories xD More corey's, because mitch's makes me sad .
foreveran chapter 5 . 3/6/2013
I'd really like to see more of the bands interactions with one another as well :) and I like how you are waiting more time for them to meet each other its like as reader your anxious for them to already fall in love (if that happens) but this way its nicer you get to learn about each character individually and their challenges and the people around them (although I cannot wait until they met again though :P) Can't wait until Monday to read some more (are u planning to just keep it once a week? )
Raaawr Ima Dinosaur chapter 5 . 3/5/2013
Joey is probably my favourite character so far. He just... makes me wonder. I'm not sure what, but he does. I really hope you'll explore more of the band's relationship with each other in the coming chapters :)
Astir-Lewis chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
Great as always, anyway, I'm kind of looking forward to Mitch and I feel as though Mitch isn't gone forever.
DawnSister chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
This chapter was fun and also quite sad really. Corey needs someone to look after him.

DS
S.H. Marr chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
So this happened: "that they made went onstage." And it really probably shouldn't have.

I find it exceedingly odd that a band would open with their most popular song. I've never been to a concert like that; have never even heard of one like that. The bands like to the get the crowd riled up and impatent first so their more excited.

I hope that poor Isaac kid could sing.
Astir-Lewis chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
I just...you just...great as always.
Astir-Lewis chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
I love this story. I love everything your write though. Did I mention I'm happy your writing again? Well, I'm happy you're writing again.
Astir-Lewis chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
I missed you so much! AHHHH! I was unaware this existed until recently but I'm soo happy you're back :) Well um, okay, Corey, what a lovable hot, hot mess, but I feel like I'm gonna love him. But more importantly Mitch is amazing...so very amazing. He's...just...gah...I love him. Can I have him? Please? No? Okay. But yes. I'm happy to see you back dear friend :)
Raaawr Ima Dinosaur chapter 4 . 3/2/2013
I feel so, so bad for Mitch. I hate that he has to go through so much at such a young age. I mean, I'm the same age as him and I could never imagine having all that responsibility. In a way, I suppose I can relate in the struggling money aspect (being one of 5 children being raised my a single mother with no job -most of the time- during my childhood), but nothing this bad and... it's insane, and I suppose it really puts your life into perspective. I dunno, I suppose it just makes you think. I hope their life looks up soon :/
foreveran chapter 4 . 2/26/2013
I root for Mitch to succeed so much! I really hope by the end of this story he gets a happy ending for his family. All of them are so damn strong!
"Life sucks and then you die" I say this quite a lot I know its from somewhere I cannot recall where though :/
Anyways cannot wait for next week and for them to reunite :D
Guest chapter 4 . 2/26/2013
I wanna cry T.T
Vega Nightshade chapter 4 . 2/26/2013
Ah, last time I happened to comment as a guest and didn't even notice :D But, to the point. This chapter was very heart wrenching, but as much as it hurst, it makes me more hooked up on the story, being able to look more into Mitch's emotional struggle. Plus, the financial and health problems that Mitch and his siblings have? You wrote about them very realistically. The fact that his brother and sister may have problems because of their mother using drugs during pregnancy? It really is a problem on a massive scale nowadays, so it makes one think again about how easily a human's life can be negatively influened even before coming to this world. Seriously, while I'm not one normally reading stories filled with much drama/angst/hurt-comfort, this one is realistic just in such a way that I can't stop reading it. It would be as if denying that in reality even worse things take place... You portray people in different situations quite wisely; plus adding good language, which makes it flow. I'm waiting for another chapter.
DawnSister chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
The ADD thing struck a chord with me. Why are teachers so damn eager to have their students so drugged up? It's like they want a class full of Stepford kids. If they can't hack a bit of spirit then get the hell out of teaching. My son's teacher just asked the same thing of us but was shot down since I've worked with ADD and ADHD kids for 20 years and believe me my son is no way so bad he needs to be drugged up on speed and Chloe doesn't sound so bad either. Rant over.
So you will be pleased to know that I enjoyed this chapter it felt very real and their situation, however hopeless, seemed to be filled with a lot of resilience. So many times there seems to be stories written that are filled with risks without giving a thought to what resilience the characters need in order to get out of that situation. Your characters are so full of strength and resourcefulness that their situation somehow does not seem hopeless but hopeful. This gives the reader the belief that things will get better whilst also allowing us to sympathise and identify with them.

DS
S.H. Marr chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
You...like to have your characters psychoanalyze each other and then flat out state their observations. There's got to be a more subtle way to let us know their characters than long paragraphs. I was listening to Amanda talk and hearing Erin from 366 Days.
321 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »