Reviews for Plague
Dark.Silver.Flower chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
Writing: It flows rather well, but it gets a little rough in the third paragraph. I typically try to avoid using "guy" unless it's in dialogue where my narrator did not have time to think of a better word. If your narrator is anything like me in real life, he has been practicing this Prologue in the bathroom mirror since the day he realized that zombies exist. It starts to flow nicely after that, however, so that paragraph is the only one that may need to be addressed.
Spelling/ Grammar: There are a few errors that should be addressed, although they are not very obvious: "grandparents' apartment, West Coast". Also, this is being kind of nitpicky, but sentences such as "one of which I was involved in" should technically be inverted to "in which one I was involved". You're never supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, unless this is the voice to give to your narrator. If this is the case, then it's a stylistic preference so just ignore me :3
Plot: It's a touch cliche, given the whole zombie obsession many people have (well, at least in the US). However, if this story takes a completely different, unique route, I'd be willing to bet it'll be great. In other words, you're going to have to push to make this stand out!
Pace: It's a Prologue, so I did not expect plot progression. You did what you needed to do, provide necessary background information while avoiding a background "dump". The "looking back" is a touch cliche, but it works. You just may wish to reword that sentence to avoid those so called "buzzer words".
walls-have-ears chapter 3 . 3/31/2013
Great chapter, it was frightening how even the police were going rogue. Update soon!
walls-have-ears chapter 2 . 3/2/2013
Wow, what a great introduction, this got me hooked straight away. Update soon!
Matt-Rich chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
A great start and has got me hooked straight away. I like your writing style and will be on the look out for more chapters, keep it up :)
harrisonmarks chapter 1 . 2/19/2013